SOUTH REBELS

kingindian33

From an outsiders perspective I think what he was trying to get across is DB usually are ranked pretty high and end up with a great regular season record and then under perform lately in the play offs. Does someone from Sullivan South have the right to talk junk to DB no because DB has the track record of beating them. Should DB talk junk to South? No you shouldnt. You have twice as many students and should beat them. That's like UT bragging about beating a team like ETSU......

What is this enrollment carp you're talking about,Only 11 players can play on both sides of the ball.And around here teams have alot of players playing both ways.so maybe on a good nite,you might have 25 to 30 players that actually play.So I know having 2200 kids going to a school means a whole lot.And before you start this more kids at a school means having more players don't mean much if you have 100 players on you're team and only 30 players play.Its called COACHING buddy!..Say what you will,but no matter what you say a FACT is a FACT!.And lil south played 5A and now 4A,So what's the excuse?..I'm sure they'll be one!.. Edited by NORTHCAROLINAmanforDB

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is this enrollment carp you're talking about,Only 11 players can play on both sides of the ball.And around here teams have alot of players playing both ways.so maybe on a good nite,you might have 25 to 30 players that actually play.So I know having 2200 kids going to a school means a whole lot.And before you start this more kids at a school means having more players don't mean much if you have 100 players on you're team and only 30 players play.Its called COACHING buddy!..Say what you will,but no matter what you say a FACT is a FACT!.And lil south played 5A and now 4A,So what's the excuse?..I'm sure they'll be one!..

^^^ Huh??

What is this enrollment carp you're talking about,Only 11 players can play on both sides of the ball.And around here teams have alot of players playing both ways.so maybe on a good nite,you might have 25 to 30 players that actually play.So I know having 2200 kids going to a school means a whole lot.And before you start this more kids at a school means having more players don't mean much if you have 100 players on you're team and only 30 players play.Its called COACHING buddy!..Say what you will,but no matter what you say a FACT is a FACT!.And lil south played 5A and now 4A,So what's the excuse?..I'm sure they'll be one!..

That's some higher level cognitive function right there. So, basically school size and classification mean nothing if you can suit up 30? Now if you can only convince them to let DB play a 1A Cloudland (No offense) in the 1st round, they might have a fighting chance to get to the 2nd.

I'm not even going to argue with you because that would be like arguing with a telephone pole. Just know when you lay down at night that everyone (even DB fans) think your about as smart as a box of rocks.....

I'm not even going to argue with you because that would be like arguing with a telephone pole. Just know when you lay down at night that everyone (even DB fans) think your about as smart as a box of rocks.....

Great commitment.I can careless what folks on here think about me slick.The fact still remains,DB owns NE TENN and working on moving west,Hopefully them moving to a new conference will help them move to the next level.And get out of playing these scrub teams around here.But wait,SHill beat DB last yr and scored more in the jamboree.so going 1-19 and 1-0 in a jamboree means there now top dog.Funny thing about the northeast TennESsee.easily impressed!

Great commitment.I can careless what folks on here think about me slick.The fact still remains,DB owns NE TENN and working on moving west,Hopefully them moving to a new conference will help them move to the next level.And get out of playing these scrub teams around here.But wait,SHill beat DB last yr and scored more in the jamboree.so going 1-19 and 1-0 in a jamboree means there now top dog.Funny thing about the northeast TennESsee.easily impressed!

You have high hopes man. You ain't beating The Big Red Machine called Maryville expecially with Coach Graham. When was the last time DB won state? You said earlier the only people that could talk junk was Greeneville?

No...they..don't. Right now NE TN is up for grabs. Being in 6A and getting bounced in the 1st or 2nd rd doesn't = Owning. DB needs to work on beating teams in the East before trying to take on the West. Maryville says Hello. Sevier County says Hi. And for the record, enrollment does matter. Bigger schools have more students which means a bigger student body to pull athletes out of. A school with 2200+ kids will have an easier time finding athletes than a school with only 800. Last year DB barely got by TN High...while we're at it, DB went 6-5 last season. You went 5-1 in your conference but when you leave the conference you went 1-4. You BARELY got by Daniel Boone 35-29 who 4A EHS beat 35-0 last season. Save the DB talk for when they start living up to their name. Big fish in a small pond is all they are. South and Elizabethton are currently bringing more prestige to Upper East TN than either DB or Science Hill at this point in time.

No...they..don't. Right now NE TN is up for grabs. Being in 6A and getting bounced in the 1st or 2nd rd doesn't = Owning. DB needs to work on beating teams in the East before trying to take on the West. Maryville says Hello. Sevier County says Hi. And for the record, enrollment does matter. Bigger schools have more students which means a bigger student body to pull athletes out of. A school with 2200+ kids will have an easier time finding athletes than a school with only 800. Last year DB barely got by TN High...while we're at it, DB went 6-5 last season. You went 5-1 in your conference but when you leave the conference you went 1-4. You BARELY got by Daniel Boone 35-29 who 4A EHS beat 35-0 last season. Save the DB talk for when they start living up to their name. Big fish in a small pond is all they are. South and Elizabethton are currently bringing more prestige to Upper East TN than either DB or Science Hill at this point in time.

Sounds good to me. great post! GO CYCLONES!!!!!!!!!

Huge display of Rebel Pride this morning on Moreland Drive. Couldn't even see all the cars and trucks at once that were flying the Stars and Bars and the similarly designed Southern Pride flags. May have been over 100 vehicles but could not count them all. Should be a good atmosphere tonight at Tennessee High's Stone Castle !

Now that is a good post.  + a bunch.

NCboyfordb, stop with the jibberish.  I enjoy some banter and gouging, but your posts are mindless.  And I'm not a homer for any specific team, but you certainly make db fans an easy target.  Maybe Batman can sit you down sometime.  Even the everlasting antagonist, Waco, makes more sense that you.  Go away little boy.

Back on subject, my gut tells me TN High keeps it close for 1.5 quarters, and South wins by 2+ tds in the castle.  I would like to see the new turf in the castle, but that will have to wait. I'm going to Elizabethton tonight.  I hope I get close enough to hear all the "sweet words of encouragment" to the zebras from Stacy.  :rolleyes: