AA caught a break when Gibson County High

pioneer42

GC would have been a good place for King. Wilkins plays ball year round and is a good coach. I heard Milan is getting better but I couldn't tell you a thing about them. I know her dad wasn't pleased at South Gibson. I talked to him several times at games. He wants her to play year round and wants her to be seen and get good exposure. I mentioned it on here several times that players were not happy over there and all I heard was how good of a coach Volbert is.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pioneer42, I could be wrong but from what I've heard Wilkins and GC has had several quit and transfer as well since he has been there. Including some of his best players. Does that make him a bad coach as well like sg coach in your opinion?

You might want to check your sources on that... He's had 1 kid quit and 0 transfer out since he's been there. He's a tough coach, but you shouldn't expect anything less at Gibson.

With that transfer, I think Milan sits at third in 13AA behind Westview and Dyersburg.

GCPioneer I know u favor GC, but let's be real here. He's had several quit and transfer. Had 3 quit that would of been seniors last year including what would of been the best player on the team. The 2 others would of contributed heavily. I can think of 3 that transferred in the last 2 years and several others that have quit. So my sources are correct. I mean none of the girls are wearing lady pioneer jerseys. lol. My statement was directed towards pioneer42 though about the correlation with players quiting and that meaning the coach is bad. Nothing against GC or SG.

GCPioneer I know u favor GC, but let's be real here. He's had several quit and transfer. Had 3 quit that would of been seniors last year including what would of been the best player on the team. The 2 others would of contributed heavily. I can think of 3 that transferred in the last 2 years and several others that have quit. So my sources are correct. I mean none of the girls are wearing lady pioneer jerseys. lol. My statement was directed towards pioneer42 though about the correlation with players quiting and that meaning the coach is bad. Nothing against GC or SG.

I can only think of 1 kid who had quit... Nacole... Now, name the other 2?

GC will tell it the way it is

BABABA when all the parents of the players have a problem there is a problem. Go talk to South Gibson parents. When you don't have a good player and parent relationship, that isn't good. Fans and parents at GC liked Russell, McMillon and Wilkins. There is a respect factor. For some reason, players and parents have little respect for Volbert at South Gibson. I know two of the best talents that he inherited while their quit in Katelyn Martin and now Kristen King. I just believe in a head coach getting a system going from 5th grade up. Wilkins has done a great job putting his time in building a feeder system from 5th grade up. Tyler Tate is a really good coach that Wilkins works with in building that feeder system. I don't see that at South Gibson. At Gibson County, girls basketball is 365 24/7.

I can only think of 1 kid who had quit... Nacole... Now, name the other 2?

Lacy Petty, Briana Fetters, nacole johnson. The 2 twins from Rutherford transfered with another girl from Dyer. All of which would of been contributers. Not to mention several others that have quit.

Lacy Petty, Briana Fetters, nacole johnson. The 2 twins from Rutherford transfered with another girl from Dyer. All of which would of been contributers. Not to mention several others that have quit.

2 of those 3 quit because of playing time. 2 of those 3 also quit BEFORE Wilkins got to Gibson. The twins were never at Gibson. They went to Rutherford, moved to Trenton their Freshman year, went to Peabody. They were never students at Gibson. I'm still wondering who the "several others" are still...

2 of those 3 quit because of playing time. 2 of those 3 also quit BEFORE Wilkins got to Gibson. The twins were never at Gibson. They went to Rutherford, moved to Trenton their Freshman year, went to Peabody. They were never students at Gibson. I'm still wondering who the "several others" are still...

You are ABSOLUTELY 100% wrong. All those mentioned played 1 year UNDER Wilkins and then quit or transferred. like I said earlier my post was not to attack GC or the new Coach was just merely making a point to the South gibson comments by Pioneer42. I'll stop my comments on this topic as some seem to be offended and trying to cover up facts.