Coffee County 2014

chs4life

It wouldn't matter if the whole state supported that last coaching staff.  Lack of discipline and work ethic by the head coach will never equate to wins.  Granted some assistants did put in time and kids responded but the kids never believed.  Change for everyone was a good thing - former coaches included. 

Time to move on and let this staff and this team have their chance. 

CHS4LIFE is about as loyal to the school and coaches as they come.    Ya gotta call em like you see em. 

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It wouldn't matter if the whole state supported that last coaching staff.  Lack of discipline and work ethic by the head coach will never equate to wins.  Granted some assistants did put in time and kids responded but the kids never believed.  Change for everyone was a good thing - former coaches included. 

Time to move on and let this staff and this team have their chance. 

CHS4LIFE is about as loyal to the school and coaches as they come.    Ya gotta call em like you see em. 

Thanks justincase44. I've been loyal to every coach we've had in my 19 years. If you don't believe that dixie ask the people of Coffee County. 3,000th play by play broadcast is next week and over 2,000 have been Raider games from football, basketball, baseball, softball, middle school games and even a couple of soccer matches. I support our kids with all my heart.

Thanks justincase44. I've been loyal to every coach we've had in my 19 years. If you don't believe that dixie ask the people of Coffee County. 3,000th play by play broadcast is next week and over 2,000 have been Raider games from football, basketball, baseball, softball, middle school games and even a couple of soccer matches. I support our kids with all my heart.

chs4life has been a loyal and dedicated fan throughout peaks and valleys.  To those who like to armchair quarterback, I can give you the facts.  No one in their right mind would have predicted a win over BGA or Rhea County. 

This team is better coached than teams over the past few years.  One can only expect a coach to have the boys mentally ready, avoid stupid mistakes, and display form blocking and tackling.  This team shows that the coaches have them prepared.  One can expect the boys to be fired-up, believing in the system, and give 100% from the opening kickoff to the horn blows to end the game.  They have done this over the past two games, even though they were playing top caliber competition.

The schedule now gets to a field that is a little more level.  They should not be expected to win some of the games on the schedule, but lets wait and see.  One thing remains clear and that is a person who criticizes high school kids is nothing short of an idiot.  We do not recruit and we play mostly with a team of "native sons."  Therefore, the sensible fans want the kids to do their very best, and we will hold our heads high in victory and defeat.

Criticize, if you wish,  adults who are coaches and the players at the pro level, but be decent enough to allow the kids to play and enjoy the game.      

Very fun game to watch. This is what the people in Manchester wanted when they brought Sulkowski in. Defense will come around. Not having Thompson or Hosea at Linebacker hurt them, especially going against a terrific runningback in Williams from Columbia. These next 7 games are gonna be interesting for Coffee. Best of luck to the Red Raiders.