Week 0: Elizabethton @ Daniel Boone

EHSTrack06

On paper, Elizabethton should roll.  But I never underestimate a Jeremy Jenkins team. They have a great way of surprising "better" teams.

I have tons of respect for JJ and the way he gets the most out of his players.     Boone rarely has any stud athletes, so it's mostly average guys playing up a notch.  His father probably has a lot to do with that as well.     But in the end the Cyclones still win this game by a comfy margin, they just have much better athletes and you can't coach speed

I have tons of respect for JJ and the way he gets the most out of his players.     Boone rarely has any stud athletes, so it's mostly average guys playing up a notch.  His father probably has a lot to do with that as well.     But in the end the Cyclones still win this game by a comfy margin, they just have much better athletes and you can't coach speed

I just hope we're ready because Boone would love to knock off the Cyclones.

Blazer, what's the story at Boone? I always think of good football when I think of Boone, but I haven't been hearing good news coming out of there the last couple years. I realize they play in a very tough league, and play an even tougher non-conference schedule...but I still think they would be getting a little more credit than they do.

Betsy 35 Boone 14 yep.  There was one thing I heard every year as my son went threw. Oh heck we be down next year we Lost this and that. And one thing has always happened. Somebody steps up and feels the gaps and the tradition moves on. I expect nothing any different this year. Cyclones will be as good as ever. 

Blazer, what's the story at Boone? I always think of good football when I think of Boone, but I haven't been hearing good news coming out of there the last couple years. I realize they play in a very tough league, and play an even tougher non-conference schedule...but I still think they would be getting a little more credit than they do.

Sometimes its like old mother hubbard, the cupboard is bare.    Coaches certainly get the best out of what they have, but you don't always have horses in the barn.    Also the schedule, back to back games against South, DB, Greeneville, Tenn High, Science Hill.

Boone has a heralded sophomore class and many will be starting this year. Through grades 6, 7, and 8 the group from Gray rarely lost.  But competing in the Big 7 against 11th and 12th graders who have had an extra year or two of weightlifting is too much to ask. They will be lucky to win 4 games this year but watch out 2015 and 2016.

Boone has a heralded sophomore class and many will be starting this year. Through grades 6, 7, and 8 the group from Gray rarely lost.  But competing in the Big 7 against 11th and 12th graders who have had an extra year or two of weightlifting is too much to ask. They will be lucky to win 4 games this year but watch out 2015 and 2016.

I would take 4-6 this year and be happy.     Sounds good for the future, just hope we can keep all the young guys healthy and interested