McMinn County -vs- McMinn Central

TribeFan

This annual cross county game has been dominated by the Cherokees (McMinn) over the years with the Chargers (Central) last winning in Etowah in 1988. The Cherokees bring a young team into this years contest with several talented but unproven play makers. The Chargers have two quality ball carriers that could make it difficult on defenses. The one variable is Cherokee QB Corbin Powers....he is mobile and proved last year he is able to throw the ball vertical while on the run. I believe emotions will be running hot with this being the first game and the game time temp predicated to be in the mid 90's....

McMinn County 24

McMinn Central 17

GO TRIBE!!!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Central has 3 quality ball carriers btw

Yes they do.  They have some really good kids.  This year the boys in blue match up better than the last 4 years.  The heat concerns me a little, hope the boys are hydrating well.  Powers in a good QB for the Kees, the Chargers will have to disciplined on defense.  Looking for a great game!

After speaking with my sources inside the program @ McMinn this team may be coach Cagles biggest challenge since arriving at McMinn as the head coach. They are inexperienced and lets see how do you say this....maybe not the most gifted intellectually bunch that have worn the black and gold when it comes to football. If Central is going to break the 26 year losing streak this is their best opportunity.

And it is going to be HOT tonight at kickoff. Presently in Athens its 95 with a heat index of 102.....to darn hot to be playing football!