The Tornadoes are Brewing for the Rebels. UC vs McKenzie

BigSwo

You know I guess it's hard for me to accept the fact that my Tornadoes have scored 40 plus points in the first quarter of our first two games this year. I sit back and ask myself "Are we that good? Or Is the competition that bad? I don't know. I mean I guess a team has to be pretty bad to allow another team to score 42 points in any quarter let alone the first or is it that the scoring team is just that much better? What I'm trying to say is that I don't know how good we are. Sure we thumped our first two teams of the season but I don't put much into that. The only thing I can use as a measuring stick is how we played in the Jamboree against Dyersburg. But yet again, it was a jamboree. I want to see this team challenged to the very end of a game. The problem is that so far no one has, which takes me back to my original thought. ...Are we that good or is the competition that bad?

I don't...LoL....

Well, we played Trenton and now UC.....make no mistake about it, UC is the real deal.  Trenton has a great QB in Malone and a great back in Johnson (I think that is his name) but UC backfield is the best I have seen in a while.  Sorry Trenton and H-Town, you guys are just bump in the road.  No disrespect to either of you but UC is averaging around 270 on the line and are agile.  The QB Walton does a great job of adjusting to what the defense is giving him.  Made several reads last night and was on point.  UC blows our LC next week.  Well oiled machine in the backfield. 

Well, we played Trenton and now UC.....make no mistake about it, UC is the real deal.  Trenton has a great QB in Malone and a great back in Johnson (I think that is his name) but UC backfield is the best I have seen in a while.  Sorry Trenton and H-Town, you guys are just bump in the road.  No disrespect to either of you but UC is averaging around 270 on the line and are agile.  The QB Walton does a great job of adjusting to what the defense is giving him.  Made several reads last night and was on point.  UC blows our LC next week.  Well oiled machine in the backfield. 

Trenton will be the toughest game, then the Huntingdon Game. Lake County will be NO game at all. U C by 40 plus.

40 pts...what about the second half? 

This is just an observation. It seemed to me that the Rebel players were uninspired last night. Right from the start. I know our guys really wanted this game because of last year. So they were really motivated. There were several HUGE hits laid down last night. My only beef was the penalties. Far too many penalties. I'm sure Coach Bowling will be addressing that issue this week in practice.

I was wanting to talk to you last night but I guess you were not in the mood for a ball game. Either way it's good to see you posting about football again

Thanks Swo...A Lot Of Things Have Changed For Me This Year...My Best Buddy Has Passed And Also Me Best Dog Butch Has Passed Just Over A Month Ago...I Was Mis-Diagnosed With Cancer Earlier This Year...And Was Taking Chemo And Radiation...I Guess A Lot Of Adult Things Have Been Occupying My Time...It Was More Fun With Them Both Around Me...I Don't Know That I Will Have The Same Flair Of Old...I Guess I'm Searching...But Thanks Pal...And Congrats On The Win Last Night...How's The Servicemen?

I have one of my boys home right now so I'm happy. He has orders for Hawaii and will be moving in December. Poor guy. My Airmen is still in Wyoming both are doing well. I'm very proud. I'm sorry to hear about your puppy dog. I lost my lil buddy about 6 weeks ago. Miss her dearly. She was a York-i-Poo. Sorry for your troubles my friend. Wish you better times. God bless