According to unapproved website Copper Basin is beating Coalfield 32-14

BigDave1967

According to unapproved website Copper Basin leads Coalfield 32-14. Anybody else hear about this score? I'm jumping up and down here in Ducktown figuring CB may make the Playoffs this season.

http://www.unapproved website.com/high-schools/copper-basin-cougars-(copperhill,tn)/football/home.htm

Edited by BigDave1967

There was a difference in penalties. CB wasn't very disciplined and thought they could coast after jumping out to a 32-8 lead. Coalfield started very slow (players and coaches) but seemed to get in a better groove with play calling and execution as the game drug on. I really like CB's offense. I think they will win alot of games this year. Coalfield will find their groove and improve to compete for the district but the next 2 games probably won't be pretty for the JACKETS.

There was a difference in penalties. CB wasn't very disciplined and thought they could coast after jumping out to a 32-8 lead. Coalfield started very slow (players and coaches) but seemed to get in a better groove with play calling and execution as the game drug on. I really like CB's offense. I think they will win alot of games this year. Coalfield will find their groove and improve to compete for the district but the next 2 games probably won't be pretty for the JACKETS.

Yeah the Cougars have hugely improved from the 2013 season. I think 7-8 wins is possible for this Copper Basin team. Thanks for the insight on the game,it's too darn bad that nobody carries CB games on the radio.

Edited by BigDave1967

Thordad coalfield was lucky to win last night but to say players and coaches started slow was to be expected after all the injuries that they have been through this year so early. Losing bible on the 5th play of the game really hurt not to mention Clore being out and Ervin being out and Daugherty being out. That's a lot of bigtime players to be missing for a single a team. I thought the players and coaches did a great job of adjusting at halftime to win the game. A lot of freshmen and first year starters on the field for coalfield did a lot of growing up last night and will continue to get better. And I will also mention that the freshman qb for coalfield is going to be special he carried them last night without a lot of starters out due to injury. They showed a lot of heart. I don't know too many teams and coaching staffs that could have handled that much adversity and come out victorious. I like the grit this team has.