Alcoa @ Maryville

SweetScience

I always find it amusing when people say "oh, Alcoa would beat this 5A school or 6A school handily" Yeah, well Alcoa has more football players on their team than 99% of those bigger schools. For a school that has 500 students their football team makes up dang near a quarter of it alone. Means nothing.

Alcoa can compete with any 6A school, but maybe not the entire season. No depth past about 16-17  players. Maryville and most good 6A teams should have good depth through about 25 players. But Alcoa is not the norm, great depth in their coaching ranks is a big equalizer. Three of their coaches played for Maryville High, David Sweetland, Kyle Harris and defensive coordinator Brian Nix. Kyle Harris went to Maryville College and Brian Gossett was an All-American at Maryville College. Good coaching genes all up and down the ranks.  Maryville has a few as well from Maryville High and maryville College. Jeffery Booker, Brandon Waters, Derek Hunt and Brandon Johns went to Maryville High. Coaches Nick White, Mike White and Derek Hunt all  went to Maryville College. 

Did anybody get bladerunner's autograph?

Someone said that red rebels got more than his autograph.. But back to the game.. i have always wondered why they Televise a game like this.. Alcoa has like 300 students and Maryville has like 9000 students.. Is this really that big of a rivalry? If it is , Maryville Should probably Feel pretty embarrassed.. I don't care how good Alcoa is ..

Someone said that red rebels got more than his autograph.. But back to the game.. i have always wondered why they Televise a game like this.. Alcoa has like 300 students and Maryville has like 9000 students.. Is this really that big of a rivalry? If it is , Maryville Should probably Feel pretty embarrassed.. I don't care how good Alcoa is ..

He didn't like that I called him Bladerunners Little Buddy so he goes to the comeback for people that can't make jokes and goes dirty. No creativity there, Little Buddy.

gilligansisland_bitten1.jpg

I mean it's a rivalry, but it's very lopsided. It's kinda like UT/Vandy. People call it a rivalry, but when the other team has 30+ more wins than the other can you really call it a rivalry rivalry? I think it's a rivalry more for the fact that the 2 schools are within a stones throw of the other and a lot of the folks are probably related etc. Going by the record in the overall history it isn't much of a rivalry in my book. Their has to be prolonged competitiveness over a long period of time. Not just close games, but wins for both teams.

Alcoa has like 550 and Mayville has like 1500.

Alcoa has like 99 players on their roster and Maryville has like 99 players on their roster so I think that is like totally fair dude. Like totally.

over a 1000 more students makes a huge difference.. That's just my opinion If Alcoa does win - they should be very proud.. Where I am from, schools that have that much of a gap are not considered rivals..