Alcoa @ Maryville

SweetScience

SkeeterDome, got to love that description. Saw a pic of the proposed Alcoa facility with the new "jumbotron." Very impressive. Exactly 2x the size of Maryville's. Now all they need is a field house and they will have the number 1facility in the Tennessee.

The only way we could qualify for the #1 facility is to renovate our home stands (and put heat/air in the press box). Maybe someday...

One reason I think this game will be close is what you just said. Even though Maryville is 17-3 in the last 20 ballgames vs Alcoa the games at Maryville are always closer. When Maryville has played at Alcoa most of the games were butt kickings.

Yep, the only exception was 2011. Very rarely is it the other way around like our 41-24 win in 2009. I guess I'd rather be the away team in this series. LOL

I would of Loved to see teams like Oak Ridge , Farragut , Bearden and so on play against Alcoa in Real games ... would of been funny watching Alcoa put 70 something on Oak Ridge .. LOL

I guess.. Didn't Maryville get beat by Alcoa here recently? Is Alcoa single-A? Is it 500 versus 1500? Yeah I think Maryville should win this game don't you? Edited by Ranger7

Your right, that's what we play the game for and it will be a good game. Your also right that Alcoa does play good at Maryville for some reason. The one big thing that always seems to happen to Alcoa for some reason is the one big mistake like the botched kickoff return against Maryville two years ago at the end of the game that nailed the coffin shut for Alcoa. I've seen it over and over again for almost fifty years of watching these two teams play. It's almost like what will they do this year.

I could take a guess at what would happen this year, but it would probably be something you've already seen. If Alcoa doesn't screw up, it'll be a GQ trick play that decides it. One muffed punt/kickoff, one holding penalty to negate a TD, one missed tackle, you name it. In this series, just about anything is possible with Alcoa.