Big Games in Memphis - Week 1 Games

kwc

Whitehaven does a GREAT job in finding spots for the kids to play after High School. I have been impressed with this all the way back to when Stan Collins was walking the sidelines. Millington has essentially been a .500 football team over the course of the last couple of years so, you would expect that the numbers getting a chance to play in college would be less than Whitehaven who have won an average of 10-11 games a year during that same period.  I expect that you will see more opportunites for the Millington players over the course of the next few years as they look to be considerable improved and should win or compete for the district title this year an next at the very least. 

You referred to Roland Genesy in an earlier post. He was the "Big" back that played for Millington. He signed with UT Martin out of HS and red-shirted there. He has since transferred to Glendale Arizona Junior College where he had an impressive debut last week. He is now receiving interest from PAC-10 Schools like Arizona State. I suspect you will see him on the D-1 level for the next 2 years. 

Genesy isn't even playing Real College football right now... Those backs that he was compared to then ARE and they are all still playing RUNNING BACK... NEXT

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Imma jump in here a throw my two cents in, in which I rarely do... I thought Genesy was then and still now a better back... Thing about millington is, it's north of all the other schools in Memphis... So by time a recruiter comes our way heck they've already used up all there scholarships and want our guys to walk on... And there parents to pay for school with hopes of them earning a scholarship one day... Most of those kids parents don't have money like that and never will... And I'm sitting here with my mouth open for somebody to say that Millington doesn't have the same tradition or history as a good program... Must I remind you that Millington beat Whitehaven when they had Rontay Lang( spelling may be off) or that millington beat Whitehaven Twice in one year Rushin Jones' (senior year). I played at Millington and I played at Memphis... Which I was recruited with two Whitehaven players, Devin Yarbrough and Lloyd Patterson which were good receivers... Not to mention Alan Cross whose at Memphis right now(starting at Fullback/tight end) Lakeron Garcia whose at Memphis right now... Roland Genesy whose in Glendale, Arizona... Stanton Brown who played for Rhodes... Galloway, Calico, Tucker, the list goes on.... One thing about a millington kid is, once you give him a chance in college they will put up numbers and not just be a guy on the ROSTER!!!! Whitehaven no doubt is the power house in this town in football... Last year y'all had injuries, but never get on here and say Millington ain't got tradition or a program with real history... And imma make a bold statement... Josh is probably the #1 linebacker in Memphis... Trust me when I say this Patrick Macon #44 is #2

Partick Macon, who? See what I'm saying, who has even offered this guy for you to say he's the Second best LB in the Area???

The wonder years... Millington won a few Playoff games against us, and so have we against you... 2001-02 Season My senior we sent y'all home with our STARTING QB sitting out due to injury. We all got stories.

"So by time a recruiter comes our way heck they've already used up all there scholarships and want our guys to walk on"

This is a crock... Martin, SEMO, Mizzou, UK, Murray St., SIU and likely other schools NORTH of Memphis roll thru Millington First.

I have always been amazed at how Whitehaven fans seem to bash other programs.  They seem to forget that they have only won one state championship and it took them FOREVER to finally do it.  I'd say they have been one of the most UNDERACHIEVING programs in the state.  After all, they consistently have 15 or so kids sign college scholarships, most to D1 or D1-AA programs and yet they usually got knocked out in the quarter final rounds if not sooner.  They have been out coached year after year, even though they have better talent.

One more thing, Central High defeats Whitehaven this season.  Coach Crutchfield and the Warriors will be up for the challenge.

If you are a Memphis Central Fan, Central hasn't been relevant in Football since EH Crump was still Alive and Well as the Boss of Memphis!!! Garbage... NEXT

These folks hate the truth... Millington-Central, Memphis-Central both been coming up short like bow-legged Midgets! Back down, The Tigers of the 38116 got a Gold Ball. Get on our level. Millington, why haven't you guys played Henry Co.... Just throwing that out... Central, Sept 12, I'll be in town but I won't be at the game. Good to you until then, you're gonna need it! Read my Signature and WEEP

No sir none of those schools come to millington first... North meaning the recruiters start inner city... At the Ridgeways, At the WS, Whitehavens... See clearly you probably was a guy that doesn't understand recruiting... Let me break this down to you... Coaches are assigned an area, and any coach that gets Memphis will start out at the schools such as Melrose, East, WS, WH, CBHS, Christian Brothers... Then they come to Millington, Arlington, Bolton, Brighton, Munford last... Every single recruiter that has came thru the doors of millington say that same thing... So no it's not a Crock... I just hate a person to come on here and downplay athletes that are the same caliber but went to different schools... And BTW let me introduce you to some real states... That year Genesy had 2,000 yards and 31 touchdowns... In an offense that every team we played knew he was getting it... So don't discredit him... And Donald Gray from WS is at a Juco as well I guess he's not playing real football either right?? Did you play college ball blackhavensenator? Because you think if a kid don't go SEC he's not a great athlete... School is about education first, football and anything else second... I don't care where a kid go, if they are blessed to go for free, like it did then my job is done... I don't care if it's the school for the blind!!

Genesy isn't even playing Real College football right now... Those backs that he was compared to then ARE and they are all still playing RUNNING BACK... NEXT

It is never where you start but where you finish. My only problem with you is you attack kids and coaches you have no knowledge of. I think Whitehaven does great things not only on the field but in the class. There must be a real reason you always attack  Millington. GO TROJANS!!

Partick Macon, who? See what I'm saying, who has even offered this guy for you to say he's the Second best LB in the Area???

The wonder years... Millington won a few Playoff games against us, and so have we against you... 2001-02 Season My senior we sent y'all home with our STARTING QB sitting out due to injury. We all got stories.

"So by time a recruiter comes our way heck they've already used up all there scholarships and want our guys to walk on"

This is a crock... Martin, SEMO, Mizzou, UK, Murray St., SIU and likely other schools NORTH of Memphis roll thru Millington First.

Hum, Rhodes is a pretty good school, RIGHT?

No sir none of those schools come to millington first... North meaning the recruiters start inner city... At the Ridgeways, At the WS, Whitehavens... See clearly you probably was a guy that doesn't understand recruiting... Let me break this down to you... Coaches are assigned an area, and any coach that gets Memphis will start out at the schools such as Melrose, East, WS, WH, CBHS, Christian Brothers... Then they come to Millington, Arlington, Bolton, Brighton, Munford last... Every single recruiter that has came thru the doors of millington say that same thing... So no it's not a Crock... I just hate a person to come on here and downplay athletes that are the same caliber but went to different schools... And BTW let me introduce you to some real states... That year Genesy had 2,000 yards and 31 touchdowns... In an offense that every team we played knew he was getting it... So don't discredit him... And Donald Gray from WS is at a Juco as well I guess he's not playing real football either right?? Did you play college ball blackhavensenator? Because you think if a kid don't go SEC he's not a great athlete... School is about education first, football and anything else second... I don't care where a kid go, if they are blessed to go for free, like it did then my job is done... I don't care if it's the school for the blind!!

SPOT ON!!!!!!

Coaches go where the Players are... If you want to believe that ALL schools start inside the city as a strategic measure then OK...

Edited by BlackHavenSenator

GARCIAD, I have always respected the Millington program year in and year out . You know me Millington has always been a part of my family and will always will be from anywhere to you playing there to Justin and Brandon playing there as well. Yalls teams was the best to watch and the past 14 years have been fun as well . Good luck fri night .