Marion vs Whitwell (Ross man against this Helton man)

Roy Dillard

It really doesn't matter what he gets. Marion can give him whatever they want too. This thread is about Marion County and Whitwell. The game is tomorrow at Marion and its going to be a one sided blowout. Lets talk about injury reports, game thoughts, etc.[/quote.

I think this game will be a low scoring game the first quarter for both teams and then Marion pulls away

They're fast, but not real fast.  Just kinda fast. 

A teaser, or Glen exposed?  That's what I wuz talking about.

Hoping for a tussel Friday but don't expect much of one.  Good luck Whitwell, great expectations this year just not Friday night.  Whitwell does generally give MC fits early on in their games.  Real measuring sticks for this MC team comes later against Sequatchie, Central and yes, even SP.  Run that gauntlet to impress folks.  Possible but not probable (who said that?).. Hope the MC team reaches their full potential this season; the true measure of all great teams.  Still have ringing ears from a game decades ago when a much stronger MC team ventrued down to SP, only to endure next days headlines "Pirates silence Marion Horn".  Stay focused Marion and don't let history repeat itself. Opportunities galore this season.  Live the dream.

Bell was solid, but lets be realistic. They aren't winning any 3A titles in KY. I wasn't impressed with Hixson this year. They weren't close to the 2013 team, but neither are we. SP just needs to try and stay healthy for the playoffs. It's s going to come down to a handful of teams to represent the east.

You never checked the lines on last years 4a playoff that I posted for you earlier or you wouldn't say that Bell isn't a contender in 4a this year.  They didn't get eliminated by much in the 3rd last year and the State Champ lost a lot.  Its funny, but I remember you running for mayor of Gordy one year after they returned a bunch. 

You never checked the lines on last years 4a playoff that I posted for you earlier or you wouldn't say that Bell isn't a contender in 4a this year. They didn't get eliminated by much in the 3rd last year and the State Champ lost a lot. Its funny, but I remember you running for mayor of Gordy one year after they returned a bunch.

Yep, ran for mayor of Gordonsville that year. They should have ran away with the state title with the team they had returning. Same thing holds true for Union City this year. Sorry, that I only think Bell is a solid team. They aren't great compared to many teams we have seen venture into Beene. As for Whitwell vs Marion. Again I say Marion by mercy.

Yep, ran for mayor of Gordonsville that year. They should have ran away with the state title with the team they had returning. Same thing holds true for Union City this year. Sorry, that I only think Bell is a solid team. They aren't great compared to many teams we have seen venture into Beene. As for Whitwell vs Marion. Again I say Marion by mercy.

That Gordy team barely got by SP up there at the wire. I don't think Bell had to look all that hot at Beene.  They didn't really showcase their passing attack. I am not saying this is the best SP team since 2000, but it is too soon to throw in the towel.

Edited by rlh

That Gordy team barely got by SP up there at the wire. I don't think Bell had to look all that hot at Beene. They didn't really showcase their passing attack.

Hence that's why I said they "should have" ran away with the state title. Lets quit filling up Marion's and Whitwell's thread with discussions about other games. I say Marion puts Whitwell in the half a hundred club on Friday.

Hence that's why I said they "should have" ran away with the state title. Lets quit filling up Marion's and Whitwell's thread with discussions about other games. I say Marion puts Whitwell in the half a hundred club on Friday.

Maybe Jasper does, but at some point, this Whitwell team is going to sneak up on someone.  Besides, it was a Jasperite that derailed it.

OP says them warriors & tigers are both tight lipped. This thread would not be anything w/o others

OP says them warriors & tigers are both tight lipped. This thread would not be anything w/o others

Yep nothing to say, we sure are glad all the SP supporters are sooooo concerned with what MARION COUNTY is doing lol. The truth is, the only game MC is concerned about is whitwell ,we will worry about the next game on Sat. One game at a time!!!!!!!!