Upperman @ Smith County

Hsfootballnut

You sound pretty confident. You beat a 1A team that is well below .500 the last 4 seasons. SC was admittedly down last year and still played Baxter a better game than anyone. SC showed they can run and throw the ball well. They are young but more athletic on defense, flying to the ball. The dbacks are tall and rangy. I haven't seen Baxter play, but if I was to venture a guess, last Friday night was the 1st time most of them touched the field to amount to anything.SC has played 2 games and have and will make adjustments. Baxter has 1, with a bunch of new players, with 1 game under their belt. This may be a good game, and I have been wrong before, but I'm thinking SC wins by at least 14.

Yes, I realize Monterey is a 1a school that's not very good, but if you asked me before the game that we'd beat them 34-0 even I would be skeptical. And yes, they are untested, and yes, the majority haven't played a game of HS football before last Friday, but I saw a team that knew how to play sound football, on both sides of the ball. They very well may lose but that's why you play the game. As for your third sentence I hope you weren't serious. I can name off four teams that played upperman better than SC

Guest Termite

Yes, I realize Monterey is a 1a school that's not very good, but if you asked me before the game that we'd beat them 34-0 even I would be skeptical. And yes, they are untested, and yes, the majority haven't played a game of HS football before last Friday, but I saw a team that knew how to play sound football, on both sides of the ball. They very well may lose but that's why you play the game. As for your third sentence I hope you weren't serious. I can name off four teams that played upperman better than SC

Nobody in the district besides LA. And if you remember, the SC games was in question until the 4th. LA was the only team to score more points than SC till the playoffs...correct?

I got a question. Did the starters play the whole game......again?  If they did, that tells me something, if they didn't, well. that tells me something too.

Glad to see 8AA play open up for the bees this week. I tell you what they sure did impress me more than I thought coming in. You do also have to look at the level of talent they were playing against friday night. With that being said a shut out in the first game against any team is pretty impressive I do not care what you say. They do have a good looking WR core and that makes Phillips even more dangerous. He is no York but he can make plays and can throw the ball when needed. This week will really test everything on all cylinders this week. Smith county will be ready and even if Milan sits out or plays they will still be talented and also coming off a big in county rivalry... they will be stoked. The Bees will have to be firing on all cylinders and more and SC needs to have a few turnovers to win this one. "The Hole" is a intimidating place no doubt and there will be a hostile crowd. It will be interesting to see what happens friday night. My prediction is SC comes out on top 35-14.

Nobody in the district besides LA. And if you remember, the SC games was in question until the 4th. LA was the only team to score more points than SC till the playoffs...correct?

I got a question. Did the starters play the whole game......again? If they did, that tells me something, if they didn't, well. that tells me something too.

I was at the game but I don't remember UHS being in danger of losing. Of course I don't really remember any of the regular season games besides LA. Now I stopped paying attention at halftime but last Friday they started subbing late in the third/early fourth I think. There's a lot of new faces on the team and on the coaching staff so it's kinda hard for me to keep track. They were subbing in receivers in the first half if I remember correctly, so I don't know how much depth they have. Maybe they should've stayed in, apparently they'll need the experience lol

This SC team is light years better than last year.

This is correct. Teams remember the last association they had with a team. The last association SC had with many teams last  year is no indication of this years team ability. We have so many skilled weapons and freshmen who have stepped up to make this a very dangerous team. Last years team has no characteristics of this years team. Injuries we have had would have decimated many teams but SC stepped it up a notch and they are playing good football. If Milan is able to play, of course we are more dangerous. If he doesn't play, we are still able to be a very competitive opponent. Againts Gordonsville last Friday night we had our two starting linebackers out, two fullbacks out, played kemp who is a tailback, starting offensive and defensive tackle with a knee injury out, then we lost Milan in the 2nd quarter.  Our guys stepped it up and won by a score of 38 to 6. Gville lost their best running back, their best LB which hampered them. Don't compare SC this year to last years team.   

SC should be better this year than last year. Last years seniors where un-coachable, SOFT, and given everything with a silver spoon. They thought cause of who they where that everybody should lay down for them and concede the game that is one reason for the struggles they had. Everything I have seen from this group...they have not shown any of that and will fight to the very end. Which is how most of SC teams from the past have played.

• Upvote 1

SC did more in beating Gordonsville than Baxter did in beating Monterey.

If Milan doesn't play, I think Kemp shows out.

And they have to get the receivers some touches, whether it be passing or jet sweeps.

SC will win by two scores.

Croz: Can you give us an update on the injured players at Gville. As I stated in another post, there seemed to be a cloud over the game due to the serious injuries on both sides.