Week 3 Collinwood travels to Clarksville Academy

gtripledip

What can we expect from the matchup between Collinwood and Clarksville Academy? Last years game was a very physical game with CA coming out on top. A few players, coaches and fans from Collinwood lost their temper at the end of the game. CA team buses were even given a "slow roll" out of town by a few disgruntled fans. I sure will not miss the Collinwood announcer, he's a character. Lol.

CA has been looking foward to this game. I expect this to be also be a physical game. Hopefully The Cougars can keep key players in the game. I've heard that Collinwood has a new coach that seemed to be trying to do things the right way. I know they have a lot of fan support. Collinwood is playing a lot of younger players. This is exactly what CA has had to do because of injury and cramps. Our defense has played good in all three games and this past Friday our offense started to click, scoring on the ground and in the air. I think The Academy Cougars will roll in this game winning by a couple of touchdowns.

Edited by gtripledip

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol this is so funny if you just sit back and watch cwoodball post the same stuff everytime about Collinwood he will never say well this is going to be a tough one or anything.. cwood could be playing seattle seahawks and he would think cwood would win its freaking hilarious that's why I like cwoodbball hes a true team player buddy....but we beat cwood 27-0.................                                                            CA-35   WOOD-3     watch out ca they do have a good kicker 

I would love to see C'wood win. I've got family that plays and would like to see y'all come back with a W. C'wood has the talent and heart, just young. I expect C'wood to win by a TD. If Ty gets goin it'll be a good night for Collinwood.

gtripledip can address this better than me, but I know CA has a couple of guys with some exceptional speed.  If you don't disrupt the running plays in the backfield and they get to the backers and DBs, they are gone.  You just saw CWood's D.  Is the front line capable of jamming up running plays in the backfield?

Edited by NCSdad1962

gtripledip can address this better than me, but I know CA has a couple of guys with some exceptional speed. If you don't disrupt the running plays in the backfield and they get to the backers and DBs, they are gone. You just saw CWood's D. Is the front line capable of jamming up running plays in the backfield?

Cwoods best chance there would be to have their lineman to just cut the offensive linemans legs and make a pile and the linebackers free to make the tackle.

Our offense is not one dimensional as some seem to think. We score just as must by the pass as we do the run. Our tight end's and wideouts have caught TD's Yes, we have several speedsters. Several players have rushing TD's. Yes, offensive and defensive line is young and undersized but they have been getting the JOB done. Our defense has bent but for the most part did a good job. Our main thing keeping the players we have healthy and on the field, No more cramps or injuries would be nice as many players are playing "ironman" football.

Its legal at the line as long as there is no double teaming

Yea, I know there is a difference between cut and chop blocking. It's still dangerous and leads to lots of injuries. Most coaches don't teach it.

NFHS reference to "cut block" "Many coaches and players think it is a very dangerous and injury-causing technique. There are reasons that legal blocking below the waist can occur only under very limited circumstances under NFHS rules. One major reason is to reduce injuries, especially to knees. "

Its legal at the line as long as there is no double teaming

Yea, I know there is a difference between cut and chop blocking. It's still dangerous and leads to lots of injuries. Most coaches don't teach it.

NFHS reference to "cut block" "Many coaches and players think it is a very dangerous and injury-causing technique. There are reasons that legal blocking below the waist can occur only under very limited circumstances under NFHS rules. One major reason is to reduce injuries, especially to knees. "