Week 3 Collinwood travels to Clarksville Academy

gtripledip

Hope it is a good battle, makes for better football watching! Have to disagree with you cwoodball and your comments about the CA coaches yelling at Cwood players and coaches. Funny that is how you remember it. From what I heard, it was the Cwood players, coaches AND FANS that acted ridiculous, yelling and cursing at CA parents, threatening CA players and coaches and then my favorite, actually getting in trucks and blocking the CA bus from leaving town, making them go 5 miles per hour for about 15 miles. That immaturity and dare I say "trashiness" takes the cake and I'm betting karma will come back to bite CWood in the backside Friday night!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clarksville Academy will easily handle Collinwood so it will be a long bus ride home for the Trojans. Had the chance to see both teams play and CA by far better conditioned and better coached. Injuries have riddled both teams but CA has several athletes capable of stepping up and getting the job done. CA needs to keep the personal fouls to a minimum because giving up 30 yards a game will hurt especially against NCS the only team standing in the way of the district.

So, you don't think Jo Byrns is threat?

Clarksville Academy will easily handle Collinwood so it will be a long bus ride home for the Trojans. Had the chance to see both teams play and CA by far better conditioned and better coached. Injuries have riddled both teams but CA has several athletes capable of stepping up and getting the job done. CA needs to keep the personal fouls to a minimum because giving up 30 yards a game will hurt especially against NCS the only team standing in the way of the district.  

"Hoooooooold Everything" - LOL.  I may eat these words later in the year, but I'm pretty certain that NCS and JB have locks on the top two positions in the district.  We'll find out who the top dog is on Sept. 19th when JB comes to Nashville.

Wildcatalumni I do think Jo Byrns might be a threat to Clarksville Academy if CA continues to allow personal fouls that costs them big yards. But if CA plays a well disciplined game, I think they have the edge this season. Looking at them, even though both teams lost a lot of their size and a few key players, CA seems to have a few more athletes than Jo Byrns and CA is better conditioned than any other 1A team so they have the ability to wear teams out.

Wildcatalumni I do think Jo Byrns might be a threat to Clarksville Academy if CA continues to allow personal fouls that costs them big yards. But if CA plays a well disciplined game, I think they have the edge this season. Looking at them, even though both teams lost a lot of their size and a few key players, CA seems to have a few more athletes than Jo Byrns and CA is better conditioned than any other 1A team so they have the ability to wear teams out.

I'm sure CA has a decent team, but your making bold statements from a team that's (1-2) and lost Montgomery central.

I'm sure CA has a decent team, but your making bold statements from a team that's (1-2) and lost Montgomery central.

Don't count the Cougars out. Yep, CA lost to (4A) Montgomery Central by 1 point. It not a terrible loss. MC could beat lots of 1A and 2A teams. We has a chance to win it and were leading 13-6 but our pass coverage broke down on a 3rd and 15 play that they scored a TD. The kid that let the receiver get behind him is still "sick" over it. Our place kicker who was perfect last year missed the extra point? So we caught a few bad brakes but we moved on. Who did JB beat that they get all this credibility. If we'd played their schedule, we'd be 2-0 also. JB has White House Heritage for homecoming in a couple weeks, let's see how that turns out. Just sayin!

"Hoooooooold Everything" - LOL.  I may eat these words later in the year, but I'm pretty certain that NCS and JB have locks on the top two positions in the district.  We'll find out who the top dog is on Sept. 19th when JB comes to Nashville.

NCS dad, where is this lock coming from for NCS and JB. I agree that NCS the road to the 10A district championship goes through NCS. What has JB done to get the other "lock" They beat McEwen and Lancaster Christian??? If CA played their schedule, we'd be 2-0 also. I'm just saying do not count the Cougars out just year. JB comes to our house this year. We will be looking forward to it. Also check the 1A stats on the unauthorized website and see what team has 2 or 3 players near the top in each category (TD's both rushing, passing, receptions, yardage, tackles). Yep we lost some "key" players this year but the Cougars haven't quit. So don't count us out just yet.

NCS dad, where is this lock coming from for NCS and JB. I agree that NCS the road to the 10A district championship goes through NCS. What has JB done to get the other "lock" They beat McEwen and Lancaster Christian??? If CA played their schedule, we'd be 2-0 also. I'm just saying do not count the Cougars out just year. JB comes to our house this year. We will be looking forward to it. Also check the 1A stats on the unauthorized website and see what team has 2 or 3 players near the top in each category (TD's both rushing, passing, receptions, yardage, tackles). Yep we lost some "key" players this year but the Cougars haven't quit. So don't count us out just yet.

Don't take this as a knock on your coaches (and you know how I feel about them - won't get into that again).  But the reason I will always favor a JB team that may be equal to a CA team is the coaching.  Coach Adkins is one of the top coaches in the state (regardless of Division).  And I know both teams lost some guys from last year, but if you hadn't had the "new kid" in last year's playoff game at JB, that game would have been a JB blowout.