Week 3 Collinwood travels to Clarksville Academy

gtripledip

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHAT a load of crap.

cwoodbball, on 14 Sept 2014 - 8:04 PM, said:

CA coaches sent starters in against Cwood seconds to score with Three minutes left in the game. Then went for two. Very classy.

wildcatalumni, on 14 Sept 2014 - 8:20 PM, said:

Since you brought it up, how long did the starters for CA stay in?

cwoodbball, on 14 Sept 2014 - 8:22 PM, said:

Until 1:40 left in game. SMH

NCSDAD1962, on 14 Sept 2014- 8:30 said:

Doesn't Posted Today, 08:33 PM

Doesn't surprise me one bit. We'll take care of them for you. But you'll have to wait until Oct. 31st

Posted Today, 08:33 PM

Last CA TD OL was Soph, Fr, Soph, Fr, Soph. No.2 TB and 2 subs at WR. CA backup QB sitting in stands with a broken leg.

What a bunch of crap. Here are the facts. Sounds like a bunch of haters. I was at the game. First of all late 2 point conversion was suppose to be a kick but it was a bad snap and the holder ran it in for the 2 points untouched. I guess it could has just fell down?? 2nd of alll, lots of subs in for the last TD, only starter in the game when we scored the TD was the quarterback. As stated above bobcat56 all subs in on the line and skill positions. The starters were standing on the sideline. Our freshmen players have more snaps this this than ever. We don't have JV team, so we have to have them get experience whenever possible.

Clarksville Academy was on defense for the last 2 minutes of the game. Not one started was on the field in that defensive stance. On the last play of the game a 90 pound soaking wet freshmen CA Defensive Back who had never been in a game, intercepted the ball in the end zone and returned it 20 yards before he got crushed.

"Cwoodbball" just makes up crap as he goes along. Just read his prior post. Why would you believe him?????? Just a sore loser.

Wildcat, nothing wrong with asking.

NCSDAd1962, I see your little comment. I thought you were maybe above the fray. Guess I was wrong.

Bobcats56, not sure who you are or what team you support, but I appreciate you stating what you saw or know.

NCSDAd1962, I see your little comment. I thought you were maybe above the fray. Guess I was wrong.

If Cwoodbball is making stuff up, then I was entrapped  ;).  But you know how I view your coaching staff (old news).  They started the fray two years ago.  A public apology is the only thing that would ever change my mind about the CA coaching staff.

Edited by NCSdad1962

If you don't mind me asking, why don't y'all have a jv team?

I wish we did, We do have JV in baseball a basketball. History as I know it to be. My son is a senior and came to school in 9th grade, we have not had JV football at least since he's been at the school. Luckily he played some varsity as a freshmen. Some kids are as luck and go also a year from middle school and 10th grade and barely play a snap. Because of injuries this and last year, our freshmen have played more. I guess it's cause of pure lack of numbers. We have a total of around 80 boys in grades 9-12. We offer multiple sports at the school and we share athletics. Most of our kids play 2 sports, some play just 1 sport. We have a couple, including my son that play 3 sports. He's a football, basketball, baseball guy. He also maintains a 3.85 GPA. "Can you tell I'm proud" Our coaches do work with each other and the school has in house rule that says when you playing one sport, you can't participate/practice with another until that season is completely over. My son usually misses the beginning of basketball and base baseball season because of this. It does protect him being pulled in different directions.

Probably more than you wanted but there you go.

I wish we did, We do have JV in baseball a basketball. History as I know it to be. My son is a senior and came to school in 9th grade, we have not had JV football at least since he's been at the school. Luckily he played some varsity as a freshmen. Some kids are as luck and go also a year from middle school and 10th grade and barely play a snap. Because of injuries this and last year, our freshmen have played more. I guess it's cause of pure lack of numbers. We have a total of around 80 boys in grades 9-12. We offer multiple sports at the school and we share athletics. Most of our kids play 2 sports, some play just 1 sport. We have a couple, including my son that play 3 sports. He's a football, basketball, baseball guy. He also maintains a 3.85 GPA. "Can you tell I'm proud" Our coaches do work with each other and the school has in house rule that says when you playing one sport, you can't participate/practice with another until that season is completely over. My son usually misses the beginning of basketball and base baseball season because of this. It does protect him being pulled in different directions.

Probably more than you wanted but there you go.

I was just curious, I know that some of the 1a schools have an average of 50-60 kids on the team and if they didn't play a jv schedule some kids would hardly ever see the field. It would be nearly impossible to work that many into the regular season games.

I was just curious, I know that some of the 1a schools have an average of 50-60 kids on the team and if they didn't play a jv schedule some kids would hardly ever see the field. It would be nearly impossible to work that many into the regular season games.

MP's #'s would look better if the Middle School would be allowed to take the field with the High School.

MP's #'s would look better if the Middle School would be allowed to take the field with the High School.

The only way middle school kids can participate with high school coaches is if the schools are combined and under the same principal, like Columbia Acad. Not bashing them because they may not do it but they could if they wanted. I know our middle school boys that will be freshman the next year miss spring practice because they can't be involved until after 8th grade graduation.

If Cwoodbball is making stuff up, then I was entrapped  ;).  But you know how I view your coaching staff (old news).  They started the fray two years ago.  A public apology is the only thing that would ever change my mind about the CA coaching staff.

You know that ain't gonna happen. I don't think it's necessary. They don't have anything to apologize for. We have always disagreed on what really happened in those games. Until this year I ran the "box" for the chain-gang at each home football game. So I was down on the NCS sideline for each of these games. I seen it live and Yes, I've watched the films. I heard and seen a lot from that location on the field. This year I am up on top of the press box filming.

My son is also a senior and this is his 4th year at the school. He starts in football, basketball and baseball so we get to compete against NCS multiple time a year in different sports. I can not figure out why NCS and CA parents/students have such a dislike for the other in each sports. I've heard everything from other parents such as late hits in football, someone peeing in the dugout, issues with parent conduct. I've talked with my son several times about it, he says it's a "PARENT" issue not a player issue.

I think it's the most sense he's ever made.

The only way middle school kids can participate with high school coaches is if the schools are combined and under the same principal, like Columbia Acad. Not bashing them because they may not do it but they could if they wanted. I know our middle school boys that will be freshman the next year miss spring practice because they can't be involved until after 8th grade graduation.

Yeah it used to be that way here until the MS was built. Never hurt the kids back in the day to take the field back then. Wouldn't now... It's what made the last few 3-4 mins of the HS game exciting for the young ones on Friday nights and all next week at school to brag about them getting on the field to play a couple of minutes. Especially when the game was in hand and won..... Great motivator to the up and coming ones (7th-8th graders).

I can say that in the last 4 years we have never dressed out more that 40ish players and that was my sons freshmen year. The last 3 years we have dressed as few as 23 for games because of injuries. We were a pretty good team my son's freshmen year so he got to play some. We had a lot of blowout games. Less kids want to play football because of the time commitment a injury risk.