Week 3 Collinwood travels to Clarksville Academy

gtripledip

Yea, I know there is a difference between cut and chop blocking. It's still dangerous and leads to lots of injuries. Most coaches don't teach it.

NFHS reference to "cut block" "Many coaches and players think it is a very dangerous and injury-causing technique. There are reasons that legal blocking below the waist can occur only under very limited circumstances under NFHS rules. One major reason is to reduce injuries, especially to knees. "

I wish it was illegal period, if u can't handle the man in front of you heads up then you just get beat.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i hear one of there better players #17 is out this week thus hurting there chances for there first win........something about ligaments in his foot,hate it for the guy hes a great kid and really good football player....hurt in the second qtr against wc,played the rest of the game on it and never showed pain.

i hear one of there better players #17 is out this week thus hurting there chances for there first win........something about ligaments in his foot,hate it for the guy hes a great kid and really good football player....hurt in the second qtr against wc,played the rest of the game on it and never showed pain.

yeah heard he sprained it and tore a ligament and is out this week. Tough loss for this young team for this game.

This young group of boys at Cwood are getting a lot of playing time under their belt and I think they will have a good showing this week. They have stood together and never give up through the tough times of getting thrown in the games early when Cwood had all the injuries last year, nothing to lose and everything to gain, go Trojans!

I thought Collinwood showed improvement against Waynesboro and seem to be slowly making progress from game to game.  I feel like their defense was solid although they wore down towards the end of the half.  I would like to see those big underclassmen d linemen get in the game earlier so the fatigue factor wouldn't be such a factor.  I also don't like the quarterback constantly rolling

to his left and trying to throw against his body.  This is one of the lowest percentage plays in

football cause it means he cannot get his feet set and he will always have only one receiver to look for and Waynesboro basically triple covered him all night.   If Fisher is gonna be the go to guy they should put him in motion so they can attack the defense anywhere on the field and he would be

harder to find. 

It was good to see Collinwood not getting the personal fouls and doing the other stupid stuff they used to do in years past...the program is definitely on the rise and the future is bright.  The sophomores are a very talented group and  I like what I see of them.  Also I know a bumper crop of players are on the way from Jr High so  overall I see a lot of wins in the near future, maybe some this year.  Several sophomores caught my eye against Waynesboro...Ty Robertson, Kelley, Michael Scott, Zach Horton, and Fisher all have great potential...a good group

Clarksville Academy will easily handle Collinwood so it will be a long bus ride home for the Trojans. Had the chance to see both teams play and CA by far better conditioned and better coached. Injuries have riddled both teams but CA has several athletes capable of stepping up and getting the job done. CA needs to keep the personal fouls to a minimum because giving up 30 yards a game will hurt especially against NCS the only team standing in the way of the district.