Haywood vs Crockett

Cavaliers9814

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crocket Co should have a running clock by the start of the third.

If Dyersburg would not had fumbled the ball the first 3 possessions, on first down that is at their own 20, Dyersburg would have blanked Haywood at least 39 to 0. Haywood's only scores came off of those fumbles, all that was in the first quarter. Yep, Haywood led 18 to 0 at the end of the first. And we fumbled a total of 6 times in that game.

Dyersburg line is young, small, unlike the bigger experienced Crockett County line. Haywood had us out manned up front all night. That should not be the issue with Crockett.

If Crockett plays well, at least as good as their fans say they are, the score should be 35 to 0 at the half.

Edited by mg

No doubt Crockett has a very good team. Having seen them first hand I just want to say a few things. 1 They should beat Haywood no problem. 2 Johnny Jones will be the best player on the field in most every game he plays. 3 If he goes down with an injury Crockett is in trouble.

Ya see, this Crockett Co team reminds me of Milan with Arkel Coleman. 1 star player with a lot of hard nosed average players. Johnny Jones makes everyone around him better. Other backs do well because people key in on Jones. Wideouts don't face stiff coverage because people gear up to stop the run. Jones' ability to get yards and make plays when nothing is there makes his o-line look better. Crockett is a good team without jones and a great team with Jones.

Crockett wins this one 42 14 ! ! ! ! ! !

Johnny Jones gets 5 more TD ! ! ! ! ! !

Jones get over 200 yards and that will make hm have 900 and something yards in 4 games. ! ! ! ! ! !

Johnny will have over 1000 yards in games number 5 against Dyersburg ! ! ! ! ! !

And 5 more TD WILL MAKE 18 TD ! ! ! ! ! ! AT MID SEASON ! ! ! ! ! !

Edited by heatwave

No doubt Crockett has a very good team. Having seen them first hand I just want to say a few things. 1 They should beat Haywood no problem. 2 Johnny Jones will be the best player on the field in most every game he plays. 3 If he goes down with an injury Crockett is in trouble.

Ya see, this Crockett Co team reminds me of Milan with Arkel Coleman. 1 star player with a lot of hard nosed average players. Johnny Jones makes everyone around him better. Other backs do well because people key in on Jones. Wideouts don't face stiff coverage because people gear up to stop the run. Jones' ability to get yards and make plays when nothing is there makes his o-line look better. Crockett is a good team without jones and a great team with Jones.

well put BPM...I agree100%....and why in the heck did Milan kick to JJ to start the 2nd half??...best rb in west TN....don't think I'd kick it to him...just a thought...

I agree that Crockett has jumped off to a stellar start and that Johnny Jones is the real deal.  However, I think some of the publicity surrounding haywood has contributed to the chaos on the field.  I'm predicting an "upset", Haywood wins, albeit a close one.

Don't be surprised if Haywood Defense tear Johnny a new "one".  Just saying

I agree that Crockett has jumped off to a stellar start and that Johnny Jones is the real deal.  However, I think some of the publicity surrounding haywood has contributed to the chaos on the field.  I'm predicting an "upset", Haywood wins, albeit a close one.

Mr. Gooden and Haywood Defense will shut the Crockett offense down