Decatur County-Riverside vs. Perry County

PCsupporter4life

The Vikings took a step forward after going toe to toe at Loretto against the Mustangs. The offense was a lot better but they couldn't sustain a lot of drives but the Special Teams did Wonders for this group. Dalton Forrester is a game changer for this team and the Sophomore Quarterback York is doing a great job in the pocket and has a pretty good arm. Offensive line needs some more work because they still seem to have trouble keeping their blocks for a long period of time and it never gives the running game any space. Got a good ball team in Parsons this year. Lost to Waynesboro 33-20 and Lost to Lexington in a shootout at home 51-42 then beat Middleton 54-0 this past week. Vikings still looking for that first win of the season. Hopefully they will come out and punch Parsons in the mouth first and never let up because Parsons might be coming into this game not totally focused because they play Adamsville the next week for a big District 15A matchup! Could this be a trap game for the Panthers from Parsons to cross the mighty Tennessee and have a dog fight with the Vikings? What are y'alls suggestions, comments, smart remarks?

Edited by PCsupporter4life

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Riverside will win by a lopsided score...  it will be over at the half...  I am going with a 54-6 ballgame in favor of Riverside...

I appreciate your prediction and i'm just going to tell you that this isn't Middleton you're playing Friday. This could be a trap game for you guys if you think you're going to waltz into Linden and win by eight Touchdowns. 

It can be 8 TDs but Riverside will be playing their JV pretty much the entire 2nd half...  lets face it.. PC has no depth, no discipline, no line blocking, no coaching... I have seen them play 3 times in past 2 years and in all 3 games.. a player or two from PC was either ejected or asked to come out of the game for fighting...   

It can be 8 TDs but Riverside will be playing their JV pretty much the entire 2nd half...  lets face it.. PC has no depth, no discipline, no line blocking, no coaching... I have seen them play 3 times in past 2 years and in all 3 games.. a player or two from PC was either ejected or asked to come out of the game for fighting...   

Then you haven't been to a game this season then. They haven't had any personal fouls called on them all year. No ejections, no one asking to come out, and yes the coaching is questionable but they showed a lot of improvement at Loretto. Parsons may come in and win by eight touchdowns but from what i've seen, i've watched every game this season, they are going to shock some people because Waverly and Scotts Hill could beat Parsons by four touchdowns. Both teams are that good. Believe what you want but this Vikings team is better disciplined then in years past.

Then you haven't been to a game this season then. They haven't had any personal fouls called on them all year. No ejections, no one asking to come out, and yes the coaching is questionable but they showed a lot of improvement at Loretto. Parsons may come in and win by eight touchdowns but from what i've seen, i've watched every game this season, they are going to shock some people because Waverly and Scotts Hill could beat Parsons by four touchdowns. Both teams are that good. Believe what you want but this Vikings team is better disciplined then in years past.

Don't know about SH beating anyone by four touchdowns (you may have went out on a long limb there), but I will vouch for PC...first game of the year, a game on the road that they thought they were going to win against a traditionally weak opponent, and not one unsportsmanlike gesture from the kids, coaches, or fans.

I have seen them both and Waverly won't beat Riverside by four touchdowns, I don't think they would beat them at all. They're both pretty good but I would give the edge to Riverside.

I have seen them both and Waverly won't beat Riverside by four touchdowns, I don't think they would beat them at all. They're both pretty good but I would give the edge to Riverside.

The way the quarterback was and how quick they are i believe that they could beat them that bad. I believe you guys played Waverly in a scrimmage and won i think 20-14? From what i heard you guys could've won by a bigger margin in week zero against Parsons. I think the Vikings can be in this game, i'm not saying we'll win but i don't think they'll lose by 20 plus. I believe Parsons has a good team though. Playing Lexington toe to toe was very impressive but so are all rivalries. Who thought Waynesboro would beat Collinwood 27-0? Everyone thought the Wildcats were going to put up 50 plus but they didn't so that shows me that rivalry games and games you are really prepared for make a lot of difference. I don't think with Adamsville coming up next week that Parsons will even care about this game against the Vikings. I may be wrong and they come out and bully Linden's offensive and defensive lines, but i believe they think they have it in the bag right now and are more interested in Adamsville then Linden. Just my two cents that i honestly know aren't very much.

Edited by PCsupporter4life

I'm picking the riverside panthers by 3 touchdowns.  They are better than their record indicates.  Not saying they are one of the best but they are better than people are giving them credit for.  Perry County I dont believe has it together yet this season like some of the years past, but I could be wrong as I haven't seen much film.

If Perry Co. Shows up and sustains blocks on the offensive line and maintain discipline they could make this a much better game than most people think. They have a decent amout of talent and have some size. I have yet to see the coaches get the full potential out of the players. Parsons has a lot of talent too but I think their downfall will be looking past the Vikings assuming this game will be a cakewalk. Good luck to both sides and have a safe game!!!

Edited by Mooreboy3