Giles @ Tullahoma

Catfan68

Looks like we're getting our first glimpse of Smith's coaching abilities.  Giles has always had the talent, but it takes more then talent to win.  Such as: Hard work, and dedication. :popcorneater:

Hate to say it, but: "Look's like the day's of Jackie Smith are coming full circle."  Hold on to the memory of winning, because the last remains of a era will come to pass as this class of Sr.'s graduate .  

As much smack as Giles Fans talked over the last 8 years on this board, I don't think anyone will be sad to see you guys get a dose of your own medicine.   Beat by T town...  :mrgreen:

Coach you have more than 11 boys that can play and the other teams have already figured out the few plays you run over and over. Need a change.

Sounds like the waves are getting bigger out in the Atlantic, you don't always catch a Tuna just because you have it hooked! it takes team work with everybody on the boat to land the Big Fish.

This team will pull together to right the ship and calmer waters are ahead.

Never. Giles doesn't pull for MC, and MC doesn't pull for Giles. That is about the only understanding we have with each other.

Whatever. check your feed man, GC people on here picked you to win all week and been supporting your new program....I know not everybody has but most have. Careful what you wish for big boy, theres alot of GC heart and soul on that coaching staff. Good luck with the rest  of your season man. You never know what the future might hold.

Sounds like the waves are getting bigger out in the Atlantic, you don't always catch a Tuna just because you have it hooked! it takes team work with everybody on the boat to land the Big Fish.

This team will pull together to right the ship and calmer waters are ahead.

We don't have a play calling issue. We don't have a coaching issue. We don't have a talent issue. We have a issue with players being hyped up as "stars" who are not listening, working to get better, executing, and leading. I'll have to finish watching the film but our "stars" accounted for 6 drive stalling penalties and 5 dropped passes not to mention running the wrong routes and missed blocks.  Defensively they are worse. #10 is the only one who's setting an example.

I would expect to see new numbers on the field next week. The Bobcats will be fine. It starts this week....... :ugeek:

Everyone runs the same plays! People kill me thinking good teams run 120 plays! They don't college on down the good teams have about 6-8 runs and 6-8 passes in a given game plan.

Okay, and we have 2-4 run plays and maybe 4 pass plays. It's not so much the same plays being run as it is running them out of the same formation and being so predictable. Being predictable is his biggest problem. 

I'll give you credit, most teams do run less than 20 plays. However, they run them out of multiple formations and looks to keep the defense on their heels. Just watch what Osteen does up at Marshall Co. if you want a good example.

We don't have a play calling issue. We don't have a coaching issue. We don't have a talent issue. We have a issue with players being hyped up as "stars" who are not listening, working to get better, executing, and leading. I'll have to finish watching the film but our "stars" accounted for 6 drive stalling penalties and 5 dropped passes not to mention running the wrong routes and missed blocks.  Defensively they are worse. #10 is the only one who's setting an example.

I would expect to see new numbers on the field next week. The Bobcats will be fine. It starts this week....... :ugeek:

I agree with you, in part. I see exactly what you are talking about with the laziness and lack of leadership. But in my opinion, that is precisely a coaching issue. He needs to get in their butts and get them ready to play or sit them on the bench. He never will though, because he relies too much on his talent and not enough on his coaching.  Oh and we do have a playcalling issue.

:o  AHHHHHHH!!! Lost to TULLAHOMA! The glory days are slowly fading. OC and Big Joe's boy are graduating! How much longer before 1A Walt is out and Mr. Osteen can come back and right all the wrongs! Some coaches create talent, while others rely only on what is God given. The Brickyard is sinking! If you're not sure, go watch them Bobcats practice around 530 on monday. My bad, 430, they'll be out before 530 under the new regime. Shelbyville will be eating Bobcat meat next week. 4 L's in a row!

:thumb:

:oAHHHHHHH!!! Lost to TULLAHOMA! The glory days are slowly fading. OC and Big Joe's boy are graduating! How much longer before 1A Walt is out and Mr. Osteen can come back and right all the wrongs! Some coaches create talent, while others rely only on what is God given. The Brickyard is sinking! If you're not sure, go watch them Bobcats practice around 530 on monday. My bad, 430, they'll be out before 530 under the new regime. Shelbyville will be eating Bobcat meat next week. 4 L's in a row!

Gee- I wish I was important enough to type in this effeminate font. Mr. Osteen had his chance and refused. Why don't you jump on over to the MC thread and join that bandwagon? And by the way- GC plays Cascade this week. Shelbyville is the following week, genius.

:thumb:

Edited by Bobkat9004