Giles @ Tullahoma

Catfan68

Osteen NEVER belonged to GCHS, he was O.C.'s boy, and followed him when he was told that he was not ready to be a head coach yet and that things would be better down South. Left he did and now he's back in our great State, but has chose to coach in the bowels of middle Tennessee!! Like a post said earlier: we don't want or need him back. We have faith in Walt, his coaching staff and our players. Rome wasn't built in a day. Things are going to better and the near future looks Great for the Bobcats

We might not "need" him back, but I guarantee if he came back you'd be preaching a different story and our team would be that much better. I have very little faith in Walt and have since the get go. He came in to a program and didn't realize the expectations that were going to be placed on him. We don't settle anymore as a fanbase, but the administration settled on a coach. 

Rome might not have been built in a day, but it fell pretty dang quick.

Looks like we're getting our first glimpse of Smith's coaching abilities.  Giles has always had the talent, but it takes more then talent to win.  Such as: Hard work, and dedication. :popcorneater:

Hate to say it, but: "Look's like the day's of Jackie Smith are coming full circle."  Hold on to the memory of winning, because the last remains of a era will come to pass as this class of Sr.'s graduate .  

As much smack as Giles Fans talked over the last 8 years on this board, I don't think anyone will be sad to see you guys get a dose of your own medicine.   Beat by T town...  :mrgreen:

HAHA...but even this team is stompin on the featherless falcons...now didn't they?

Osteen will not be back even if y'all wanted him. He's said over and over that there's more talent in Lewisburg than he ever had in Pulaski, including the championship team. His next job will be on the 5 or 6A level. I'm definitely impressed with what he's doing in the 'burg.

Hold on now...in recent years ya'll have had some good coaches, but for whatever reason you couldn't hold on to them.  Unless your a hometown player turned coach or at a privates school, 4A is in the middle of the scheme.  The good ones are going to rise and the lesser ones are going to settle back down at a lesser spot.  One of the best things about OC was that he surrounded himself by guys that loved and lived football.  Walt did take a big jump in systems but came thru last year.  But I also remember in 09 after the first game some people saying, Tim wouldn't have let this happen.

And one more thing....when GC plays MC I"M all Giles Co.  ...always will be, but through the years I've pulled for MC in the playoffs and against teams like DL and CPA.  I know you think you boys are way better and I assure you we think ours are.  But there may be no two communities as similar that compete against each other as Giles and MC. 

Hold on now...in recent years ya'll have had some good coaches, but for whatever reason you couldn't hold on to them.  Unless your a hometown player turned coach or at a privates school, 4A is in the middle of the scheme.  The good ones are going to rise and the lesser ones are going to settle back down at a lesser spot.  One of the best things about OC was that he surrounded himself by guys that loved and lived football.  Walt did take a big jump in systems but came thru last year.  But I also remember in 09 after the first game some people saying, Tim wouldn't have let this happen.

And one more thing....when GC plays MC I"M all Giles Co.  ...always will be, but through the years I've pulled for MC in the playoffs and against teams like DL and CPA.  I know you think you boys are way better and I assure you we think ours are.  But there may be no two communities as similar that compete against each other as Giles and MC. 

Are you referring to Tim Johnson? I highly doubt anyone said that about him after the first game of the 09 season. He only won 4 games at Giles, no one even remembered who he was by 09 thanks to OC. That's a bit of a stretch in my opinion.

Are you referring to Tim Johnson? I highly doubt anyone said that about him after the first game of the 09 season. He only won 4 games at Giles, no one even remembered who he was by 09 thanks to OC. That's a bit of a stretch in my opinion.

Actually it was Tim who started this run along with the '06 seniors. He instilled the mindset of how to be a winner. If you would have been at the ER after the Cubs beat us down and followed Tim the week later in practice you would have witnessed the turnaround. When Tim left the next bunch inherited 26 seniors to be that were hungry to win. It was a huge blow when Tim left. And yes a lot of us still remember the mind-set transformation Tim initiated.... :ugeek:

Osteen will not be back even if y'all wanted him. He's said over and over that there's more talent in Lewisburg than he ever had in Pulaski, including the championship team. His next job will be on the 5 or 6A level. I'm definitely impressed with what he's doing in the 'burg.

Coach Osteen could have had the job. So could a couple other coaches that were offered the job, but I think it worked out for the best. The coaches are not the problem IMO. Coach smith, coach barger, coach Blair, coach Haislip, coach busby, and coach Henderson are all good coaches. They are not different than they were last year when they took the team to state. That year started slow too but ended pretty good. We all need to relax a little ðŸ‘

Actually it was Tim who started this run along with the '06 seniors. He instilled the mindset of how to be a winner. If you would have been at the ER after the Cubs beat us down and followed Tim the week later in practice you would have witnessed the turnaround. When Tim left the next bunch inherited 26 seniors to be that were hungry to win. It was a huge blow when Tim left. And yes a lot of us still remember the mind-set transformation Tim initiated.... :ugeek:

I actually was there. I had contact with Tim during that time. Don't get me wrong, he did instill a new mindset in Giles County that we could win and should win. However, my point was that nobody was questioning the hire of OC in 2009. It was a huge blow when Tim left, but it was soon forgotten about when we went to the quarterfinals for the first time in a decade.