Dyersburg at Crockett

Cavaliers9814

Why do most football fans (and media as well) never seem to credit the defense with an offensive turnover? The overwhelming comment about turnovers is as if they were unforced. Rarely is that the case. If a fumble occurs, it is usually caused by a hard hit or a well done punch out...if an interception occurs it is usually caused by a defender putting pressure on the QB or a defensive back who just beat the receiver to the ball. Turnovers are not always GIFTS...they are usually EARNED and should be respected as such.

agreed...only turnovers/fumbles not caused by defenses are on the center/qb exchange

i had to explain that to lexington fans a few years ago...they wouldnt listen...so we showed them in the playoffs what the difference was

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Jones kid is  a good High School running back BUT I was more impressed with the offensive line. I could have ran the 3 touchdowns he had. I think he had 14 yards in second half. Crockett has a good team but if these two meet again Dburg wins. Book it.

meeting in the 2nd round is a possibility...and of course the 3rd round

Hey big purp the crowd was amazing I was happy for the team. I had a racing shirt on black you might have seen me. But wtg go cavs let's keep rolling!

When I got there it took me 20mins to get in the stadium. At about 6:45 I was standing at the fence at the bottom of the stands but there was no way to figure out who was who. Maybe another time. Congratulations on the win.

I agree with the statement that the defense should get credit when they force a turnover. What I don't agree with though are people who insist that even though they won, that the score should have been worse than what it was. When in reality they should just be happy with the win. But you want to make it sound like Dyersburg wasn't even in the game. Hats off to Crockett's Defense because it sure wasn't their offense that won the game. Dyersburg threw a pick going into the endzone and also fumbled on Crockett's 20 going in. Plus Dyersburg threw a pick six. I'm not a fortune teller so I can't say Dyersburg would of scored on any of those possessions, because Crockett does have a good Defense, but don't make it sound like it was a one sided game. Because it wasn't. And last time I checked Westview was 5-0. So you haven't wrapped up that region championship yet. You better be humble and thankful because Region Championships are hard to come by. Good luck!