Dyersburg at Crockett

Cavaliers9814

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know I have been listening to the back and forth banter about this game and just wanted to give my opinion from a neutral by stander. Yes there were mistakes by both sides so that kinda cancels each other out.

In my opinion Crockett was stronger and more physical. 55 and 75 for Crockett are monsters. But what kept Dyersburg in the game was there team speed. Although Crockett had the fastest player on the field in Jones Dyersburg was faster as a team and that is what kept them in the game. Speed to pursue on defense was particularly impressive.

1  crockett 10-0 winner

2 trezevant 9-1 winner

3 liberty  8-2 winner

4 north side 9-1runner up

5 dburg  9-1 runner up

6 craigmont  8-2 runner up

7 covington  5-5 wc

8 haywood  4-6 wc

but what if north side wins out

1 north side 10-0 winner

2 crockett 10-0 winner

3 trezevant 9-1 winner

4 dburg 9-1 runner up

5  craigmont 8-2 runner up

6  liberty 7-3 runner up...correction thx to grlsbball

7 covington 5-5 wc

8 haywood 4-6 wc

liberty as a 6 seed...wow and going to trezevant...unpleasant...best 1st round game in the state

from our other thread...these predictions still hold true at this moment

with NS falling to liberty...round 2 would be...NS/dburg winner vs crockett...NS/dburg is an honest toss up...i cannot pick that game yet...liberty would play at trezevant

if NS wins the district over liberty...round 2 is...dburg vs NS and liberty/trezevant vs crockett

i personally feel that liberty has the more complete team over trezevant...felt the same last year even after the game and we lost so...who knows

Trezvant, Liberty and Crockett are 3 real good football teams. I think north side and Dyersburg are probably a step behind. This will probably be the most competitive of the 4a quads except for maybe quad 1. That one will have Fulton, Betsy, Greeneville and Sullivan south. Definitely lots of stiff competition I 4a this year.

I see liberty winning district over NS but NS is a good football team

NS is very capable...they have weapons and coaching...what they dont have is experience...they will be very dangerous...outstanding at nothing inparticular but very solid in all phases of the game...they will beat a team that they "shouldnt" if you will

Trezvant, Liberty and Crockett are 3 real good football teams. I think north side and Dyersburg are probably a step behind. This will probably be the most competitive of the 4a quads except for maybe quad 1. That one will have Fulton, Betsy, Greeneville and Sullivan south. Definitely lots of stiff competition I 4a this year.

i think the competitive statement is more than accurate...fulton will run away with quad 1...gville seems to be good but not on their normal level...im very curious as to where the vaunted knox catholic is going...are they in quad 1 as well...you would think so...

supposedly they are the only team that can knock off fulton...i dont personally believe it...but whatever...its been said

i do believe quad 4 will have the best games week in and week out tho...so for entertainment purposes...the west is best in the 2014 playoffs

Why do most football fans (and media as well) never seem to credit the defense with an offensive turnover? The overwhelming comment about turnovers is as if they were unforced. Rarely is that the case. If a fumble occurs, it is usually caused by a hard hit or a well done punch out...if an interception occurs it is usually caused by a defender putting pressure on the QB or a defensive back who just beat the receiver to the ball. Turnovers are not always GIFTS...they are usually EARNED and should be respected as such.

Edited by wtn1964