There is no shame in being CO-CHAMPIONS of Everything..

bigdady

Sorry but they set themselves up so well for this. It was a foregone conclusion they'd win they said! Last year we got lucky they said. They would expose our secondary they said. They would torch us they said. It would be a blowout they said. We don't have any good players to replace the ones we lost last year they said.

I wonder if they've turned against their coaches yet. It's only a matter of time.

Sorry but they set themselves up so well for this. It was a foregone conclusion they'd win they said! Last year we got lucky they said. They would expose our secondary they said. They would torch us they said. It would be a blowout they said. We don't have any good players to replace the ones we lost last year they said.

I wonder if they've turned against their coaches yet. It's only a matter of time.

It is interesting though, I do have a theory that is some food for thought.  If we don't have any good players to replace the ones we lost last year and you make the case that we are that out manned then go on to get beat by 21 and should have been 28 had Fox not fumbled the ball into the endzone than does it come down to our coaching being that much better?  This is an honest question and one that I think deserves a rightful answer.  I want to hear what the difference was, I too was surprised by the outcome, not that we won, I thought we would, but that we looked that much more dominate than Campbell County, that was truly a shock to me.  But it does beg the question as to why?  This is not a shot at anyone at all and I don't want it to come across that way, but its not like there were some fluke plays or crazy calls and we got some gimmick scores or something, we flat out whipped them all over the field in the second half.  I have watched the replay 3 times and my opinion is that we match up well across the board position to position with a slight advantage in some areas and slight disadvantage in others, but after watching the adjustments made and the execution and the Frustration showing on the CC side, I originally put the Coaching Staffs as pretty even, but if you make the case that the players are pretty even than the nod has to go to AC's coaching for the difference.  Chadwell did exactly what he needed to do to give our players and advantage and on the offensive side of the ball I thought we completely wore down CC's defense and our QB was the difference running the option the way he did, but that all comes down to game planning and execution and that boils down to coaching, the Price twins are very good and I like what they are doing, but Davey and company always seem to have the advantage in these games.  on a side note if you watched the film of the game from the 1450 broadcast and watched it all the way through the interview with Justin it comes back from commercial and says Your defending District Champions are on the air talking about CC, I just shake my head lol. 

In watching the play back on WLAF, I was really impressed with the announcers and their broadcast. While they are obviously and understanderbly biased, I didn't take them as "homers" and without any objectivness in their play by play. I even looked past the commerical break reintro of "Home of the district champion" in my enjoyment of their broadcast. I even thought, when it comes to team media coverage, they kick our butts for we don't even have radio coverage let alone video with it. BUT! At the end of regulation time when some one played "We are the champions" over the PA system, one announcer, Brent (I think), called it tasteless. And the other, agreed. What the heck! Start none, be none as they say. I'll assure you, AC peeps wouldn't start that 'co-champ' stuff with Oak Ridge and not expect some bite back. Pleaseeeeee!!!!

In watching the play back on WLAF, I was really impressed with the announcers and their broadcast. While they are obviously and understanderbly biased, I didn't take them as "homers" and without any objectivness in their play by play. I even looked past the commerical break reintro of "Home of the district champion" in my enjoyment of their broadcast. I even thought, when it comes to team media coverage, they kick our butts for we don't even have radio coverage let alone video with it. BUT! At the end of regulation time when some one played "We are the champions" over the PA system, one announcer, Brent (I think), called it tasteless. And the other, agreed. What the heck! Start none, be none as they say. I'll assure you, AC peeps wouldn't start that 'co-champ' stuff with Oak Ridge and not expect some bite back. Pleaseeeeee!!!!

I really wish we would get some sort of Media coverage for ours as well. 

Yeah, can't believe we don't. I guess it's due to the absence of a non committed radio station in this immediate market. I heard Jim Harris (WYSH) once say that when he first moved here, he did play by play for ACHS. Had to have been back in the early 90's. Wonder what happened. I know there's a market for it for I have on numerous occasions myself scoured the web in search of another schools game broadcast with AC. I remember intensely listing to the AC/Columbia game back a few years ago and not being able to sleep afterward almost the entire night. I wasn't there, but highly 'jacked up'.

Yeah, can't believe we don't. I guess it's due to the absence of a non committed radio station in this immediate market. I heard Jim Harris (WYSH) once say that when he first moved here, he did play by play for ACHS. Had to have been back in the early 90's. Wonder what happened. I know there's a market for it for I have on numerous occasions myself scoured the web in search of another schools game broadcast with AC. I remember intensely listing to the AC/Columbia game back a few years ago and not being able to sleep afterward almost the entire night. I wasn't there, but highly 'jacked up'.

Yea, my wife hated me that night, I had to work late so I couldn't go to the game, but I sat in the living room with it playing on the radio and nothing else on, no TV, and only one light and I just sat there and listened, after words I was not liked because I did not have the drive home to get over it lol...maybe I should invest in one, Rocky Top on the air, Broadcasting all your local AC sports and news LOL

Mav4Life - really impressed with AC this year looks like a lot of people underestimated them bc "they lost so much" guess they forgot about all the young talent they had. Has Fox got any D1 offers yet bc the guy just runs for big time yards game in and game out. Would not be surprised if we met in the playoffs again this year. Good luck the rest of the way

It is interesting though, I do have a theory that is some food for thought. If we don't have any good players to replace the ones we lost last year and you make the case that we are that out manned then go on to get beat by 21 and should have been 28 had Fox not fumbled the ball into the endzone than does it come down to our coaching being that much better? This is an honest question and one that I think deserves a rightful answer. I want to hear what the difference was, I too was surprised by the outcome, not that we won, I thought we would, but that we looked that much more dominate than Campbell County, that was truly a shock to me. But it does beg the question as to why? This is not a shot at anyone at all and I don't want it to come across that way, but its not like there were some fluke plays or crazy calls and we got some gimmick scores or something, we flat out whipped them all over the field in the second half. I have watched the replay 3 times and my opinion is that we match up well across the board position to position with a slight advantage in some areas and slight disadvantage in others, but after watching the adjustments made and the execution and the Frustration showing on the CC side, I originally put the Coaching Staffs as pretty even, but if you make the case that the players are pretty even than the nod has to go to AC's coaching for the difference. Chadwell did exactly what he needed to do to give our players and advantage and on the offensive side of the ball I thought we completely wore down CC's defense and our QB was the difference running the option the way he did, but that all comes down to game planning and execution and that boils down to coaching, the Price twins are very good and I like what they are doing, but Davey and company always seem to have the advantage in these games. on a side note if you watched the film of the game from the 1450 broadcast and watched it all the way through the interview with Justin it comes back from commercial and says Your defending District Champions are on the air talking about CC, I just shake my head lol.

Probably outcoached to some extent but they have NO running game at all which is why Davey got away from that offense three years ago. Against a good team it's necessary. Also in my opinion we are a good bit better than CC in the trenches and at LB. For CC imo they miss Bailey the most. He was a playmaker.