Dyersburg at Crockett Cty 081914

slick1

Glad to see people finally posting.... here, was a bit worried on yesterday.  I am not sure what went on with Jackson SouthSide and Crockett County once again that was early in the season and base off the score the Cavs. were clicking on all cylinders.  In reference to what Dyersburg has other then a young team, lets say I think the Cavs will know they have been tested after Friday.  I like a team like D'burg where one player is not all you hear about Saturday morning win lose or draw.... West Tn., will know that Mr. Jones is not the only good football player in West Tn.  I think it might be nice if some of the Crockett County fans found that out too.  Not good to hype one player so much, there is not an I or JJ in  the word team, a team is a group of individual working TOGETHER for a common goal.  I have definitely seen that displayed by the Trojans, especially in the Haywood game where we fumbled ourselves into a 18 point deficit in the first quarter and came back to win 38-18.  Not to mention we were the underdog prior to that game also because Haywood was more experienced, bigger, faster and was playing at home.....mmm sound familiar :rolleyes:     No hating here but Mr. Jones cannot make those openings in the offensive line and run through them all by himself, not even Superman could do that....... There are a lot of other good players on that team lets toot their horn some also.  If I were a Cav parent or one of the coaches I think I would have a little something to say about that.  Personally, I like to wait until about the 7th or 8th game to start handing out team and player of the year accolades that is when the creme rises to the top and we know the good teams and players from those that are only impersonators..  Yes, he's  (JJones) has scored a lot of touchdown and he may score 5 Friday night, but all that matters to the Trojan Nation is that at the end of the night the Trojans are winners.  I heard someone say that everyone a few weeks ago gave Milan the odds over Crockett Cty. I figured it would be a closer game, but most of the ones giving Milan the greatest chance of winning was their fans.  The following week it was Crockett Cty No. 1 fan ( you know who you are, the one who was born and raised in Crockett Cty)..... this person proclaim you guys as favs. the rest of the season, district champs and etc.  Myself and others only warned him/ her about being over zealous.... if the Trojans should lose Friday (which is a remote possibility) I can live with it especially if they leave it all on the field.  :popcorneater: see you at the ball game.

Edited by slick1

Very true Cavalier in reference to looking in the past, however I don't think I did that in reference to our teams history.  I did refer to an earlier games played this season.  I only went there in reference to a fellow poster referring to the Trojans having trouble with Haywood.  Only wanted to point out the fact that we did have trouble due in large part to our inconsistent ball handling, however we were able to get it together and come out with that victory.  (38 - 18)  if I did rest assured it was not intentional.  I live in the Real World and Friday night it gonna get REAL.

Hey bigpurplemachine cav9814 and I usually stand on the right side of the press box at the top. Come on to cavalier stadium Friday night and talk football. Oh and btw I'm a big Crockett fan c/o 06 and I've acknowledge the whole team for doing well and not just single at JJ even though he's the best back we've had since Earnest Williams! He's a blast to watch just like he was! Can't wait until game time... Go CAVS!!

Edited by Ratherberacin

Hey bigpurplemachine cav9814 and I usually stand on the right side of the press box at the top. Come on to cavalier stadium Friday night and talk football. Oh and btw I'm a big Crockett fan c/o 06 and I've acknowledge the whole team for doing well and not just single at JJ even though he's the best back we've had since Earnest Williams! He's a blast to watch just like he was! Can't wait until game time... Go CAVS!!

I can only assume the stadium will be packed. How will I know who you guys are??