Wartburg @ OS: Round 2

OSHSman

i dont know how u figure wartburg will finish 4th next year considering they will have all there starting backs back.also they have some big sophomore lineman to replace the 3 senior lineman that are leaving.the defense will have to step up. but as far as the offense goes i think wartburg will be alright.i predict them at a 1 or 2 spot in the region,not a #4.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wartburg needs to do one thing to get past OS and that's hit the weight room. With all their skill people, they could be a state contender if they were stronger up front. It's hard to get the offense going though when a pack of Bobcats are constantly in the backfield. That's the biggest thing separating Wartburg and OS and the only way to make even it up is to become stronger and meaner because the Bobcats live and die by being physical.

The reason I said it is, when was the last time Wartburg finished in the top 2 spots? Or for that matter OS. This year OS did and I think Sweetwater has enough athletes to be there again. Guys WB 4th or WB 2nd not much of a difference when you speak of the likes of Rockwood,sweetwater,alcoa being the teams to finish higher. Come on WB 4th is very reasonable. Besides a lot of the guys will be rebuilding more then just their own team they have more important things to take care of and that might get in the way a bit. Besides OS is probably better. Sweetwater is just so fast they are always good it seems, and Rockwood returns quite a bit I believe and jsut traditionally WB finishes 4th or 5th.

Yep, I look for there to be some ties among region play that will make overall record important. The good news is that OS doesn't play Smith County next year, the bad news is that they play Seymour again (I mean, bad in that it could make the overall record worse in case of a tie). This year was pratically a 3-way tie for 2nd, next year it will be 5 closely matched teams fighting for 4 spots. Over-all record could be a key factor.

Just curious why do you keep telling us your already in the weightroom? Oh and is it a real nice one? Sinc you guys got a new one must be nice. OS just needs a bigger room to have their weightroom in. But I'm sure everyone else that is done is either int he weightroom as well or at least going to be in the next week. Good luck to you