Wartburg @ OS: Round 2

OSHSman

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this has NOTHING to do w/ this thread....but I couldnt help a statement that OSHSman made. You said Rockwood played "KINGSTON" making it sound like it was an easy game, and that we arent that great. I could be mistaken that that was an insult. If it was an insult, if im not mistaken....Didnt OS lose to the Jackets ?

I have to disagree with oshsman (nothing new). Just as this terrible tragedy has showed the country your pride, honor, and the resolve of your close nit community, let it inspire your team to go out and give all you have and play this game with the same passion your family, friends, neighbors and volunteers have had helping one another make it through the last three days. I can only imagine what it would be like to be in the same situation, but I do no everyone should be proud of the way your community has come together to help and support eachother! I also think the community will be behind you 100% and taking just a couple hours friday night to get together as a community and maybe take just a little break from the past weeks happenings will be a good thing. Feed off the pride and energy Morgan Co. has shown in helping one another, and go down to OS and play your hearts out! Good Luck Bulldogs, I have very much respect for your town, and your program!

Posted by OSHSman:

The 61/62 split is north of Wartburg, do you mean the 61/27 split? I read the other thread, and I think everybody has a good idea in taking the gate and giving it the victims. It's sad that this had to happen before Wartburg and OS high schools play the biggest game in their football histories. Wartburg was playing for a spot in the quarters last year, but everybody knew that Alcoa would win. This year they're playing a team that they match up a little better w/. OS was in this same spot last year as well, but whenever you meet a local school in the play-offs it always bigger.

If OS wins this game, one should wonder if Wartburg came w/ to play their heads completely clear. That might detract a little from an OS win, but you can't expect the Bulldogs to put things aside after 2 of their teammates' lives were threatened and, according to the other thread, one of them is w/ out a home.

Should Wartburg win, it still won't matter that much. Something that the players have accomplished and the entire community should be proud of would be overshadowed, which would be very unfair to the players. Either way it's a lose-lose situation.

;);););)

[Edited by Swildcat1967 on 11-12-02 9:33P]

Tonight on the news- I think it was the NBC affiliate here in Knoxville had a story of the player ( forget his name) that practices @ 1130sm and then returns to Mossy Grove to help with the relief/cleanup effort. You can tell this young man has alot of strong character and is showing amazing resilience considering the circumstances.

The news reporter ( who works out at my gym) did a background shot of Wartburgs football field while mentioning the game on Friday night as a source of inspiration for the Wartburg/Mossy Grove community to band together and support Wartburg against Oliver Springs. He mentioned that Oliver Springs had beaten the Bulldogs two weeks earlier and that the player that was assiting with the cleanup gaurenteed a victory over the Bobcats.

Without queston, Oliver Springs is in for a tough emotionally charged game from the Bulldogs and without question will be facing an even more fired up bunch of Bulldogs that will be carrying the emotions from disaster that plagued their community. The Bobcats are going to have to raise their level of intensity to match the Bulldogs if they want to go to round 3.

OS91, was it Ryan Jackson? Did he wear glasses? He lives in Mossy Grove. Or could it be Ryan Hamm? I saw both of them yesterday (Monday) on one of the channels.

Posted by OS91:

Tonight on the news- I think it was the NBC affiliate here in Knoxville had a story of the player ( forget his name) that practices @ 1130sm and then returns to Mossy Grove to help with the relief/cleanup effort..

Parris, Swildcat, Sweetwater idiots in general and RCHS03,

Parris-worry about Rockwood and why you are such a low life thug.

Swildcat-well there's really nothing that can be done for you, you're beyond help.

RCHS-How much did it cost you to buy those officials off? Did you enjoy your trip to Gatlinburg?