Week 5: Rockwood at Oakdale

BigDave1967

I think Rockwood gets back in the win column and Oakdale makes their first trip there this week. If this happens I am really interested to see how the Eagles respond. Absolutely no need to push the panic button. Rockwood is a SOLID team and will continue to be. Lots of tradition down there and Webb is a good coach. I will pull for the Eagles only because I like the story line for them this year. As I have said before, just hope they can build on this for the future underclass men and continue to find success.

I think Rockwood gets back in the win column and Oakdale makes their first trip there this week. If this happens I am really interested to see how the Eagles respond. Absolutely no need to push the panic button. Rockwood is a SOLID team and will continue to be. Lots of tradition down there and Webb is a good coach. I will pull for the Eagles only because I like the story line for them this year. As I have said before, just hope they can build on this for the future underclass men and continue to find success.

rockwood isnt as solid a team as you think their secondary is in shambles and they cant get a rush past history would say tht theyll be better but they dont have an answer on defense plus their qb struggled badly last week not a good combo going against a team with a good passing attack thats confident like never before

:rolleyes:  I'LL TRY HARD NOT TO LAUGH.  The Tigers had a bad night against a comparable sized school that has played 3 or 4A for I don't know how long.  I think the odds are a little better this week.  Still.....everybody and their grandma are pulling for the Eagles (Kaz too!), driving up to see how it goes.

Kazanity

B) Wanted to try bold.....!  Cute, huh? 

:rolleyes:  I'LL TRY HARD NOT TO LAUGH.  The Tigers had a bad night against a comparable sized school that has played 3 or 4A for I don't know how long.  I think the odds are a little better this week.  Still.....everybody and their grandma are pulling for the Eagles (Kaz too!), driving up to see how it goes.

Kazanity

B) Wanted to try bold.....!  Cute, huh? 

i dont know how laughable it is they couldnt stop the run or pass last week not sure why people think theyre so great webb cant perform miracles with a group that doesnt play defense and cant run the ball everyone thinks rockwood will cruise but i dont see it especially with injuries and no one who can play safety if rockwood wins it will be close but i think if things break right it could get ugly for the tigers

i dont know how laughable it is they couldnt stop the run or pass last week not sure why people think theyre so great webb cant perform miracles with a group that doesnt play defense and cant run the ball everyone thinks rockwood will cruise but i dont see it especially with injuries and no one who can play safety if rockwood wins it will be close but i think if things break right it could get ugly for the tigers

Does anyone have an injury update for either tean?

I didn't realize (according to a few on here) thatRockwood was so suspect to the pass. Are they just young in the secondary or just not very good? Oakdale may get a few big plays but, I will stick with my pick. I still think the Tigers win but it may be closer than anticipated. Good luck to both and hoping for an injury free game.

Guys I don't know if any of you realize, but Oakdale victories are over opponents with a combined 2-20 record. Not taking anything away from them because they usually would lose those games, but their best win is against a 1-4 Oliver Springs team that is absolutely horrible this year.

Oakdale will have a good year, probably go 7-3.....but they will be no match for Rockwood.

Guys I don't know if any of you realize, but Oakdale victories are over opponents with a combined 2-20 record. Not taking anything away from them because they usually would lose those games, but their best win is against a 1-4 Oliver Springs team that is absolutely horrible this year.

Oakdale will have a good year, probably go 7-3.....but they will be no match for Rockwood.

Very good sensible post. I have said the same thing many times this season. It's a great accomplishment for Oakdale, but they lose big to Rockwood.