Week 5: Science Hill at Brentwood Academy

voltnh

I have 3 kids at Bremfwood Academy ... My 2 boys play football. We are not looking at this game the way some of the east tn folks are seeing it.

Science hill is better and our defense is banged up. My option ok is SH can go toe to toe with BA much like MBA did last week. If this game is a man handling by BA I will be shocked. I think Malik is elusive enough to avoid our front 7. We just do not have anyone on our team who can simulate what he can do. Our QB is a similar player and both should be fun to watch

We are good but I have been impressed with SH . Expect a closer game than people are expecting on here

Bigdog - just read this thread after coming home from the game. great game and fun to watch - you are right BA was fortunate to pull it out.  seems both defenses took a vaca but can't take anything away from the SH QB - great player - fun to watch. I'm posting because I was always trying to figure out who you were.  After seeing your post here, with the help of my sons (one who played football @ BA,  graduated and now a redshirt f-man playing college ball )and one who is in the same grade as one of your sons we figured it out.  BA will have some tough games coming up regardless of some of the guys coming back but this team is young and it bodes well for the next 2 yrs.  ANd, looks like ralph could possibly win a state c-ship - pretty ironic that he could not do it at BA with teams that had more talent than anyone in the state. BA could be there in the upcoming yrs IF they can find a way to improve on and play consistent strong defense.   

baylorbigdog, just read that there was 1400 yards of total offense in this one. Insane! The article in the JC Press also said SH's 630 yards of offense is the most a BA team has ever allowed.

Waco, McGue passed for 450 yards and 4 touchdowns and ran for 93 yards and 2 touchdowns.

Edited by Aussie2TN

Wow...all I can say. I knew the number was high. If you guys stay healthy and play like you did tonight it will take some effort to beat SH this year .

baylorbigdog, just read that there was 1400 yards of total offense in this one. Insane! The article in the JC Press also said SH's 630 yards of offense is the most a BA team has ever allowed.

Yes. Don't get me wrong, Hayes was a very good QB but he couldn't make things happen with his legs like McGue can. Reed had a better arm but he didn't have that elusiveness that Malik has.

The elusiveness is what makes McGue the best.  He won't play QB at a major college because of his size, but will probably have the option to play another position.  In my opinion (say what you want) but guys like Foreman and McGue at the high school level are the best to play the position locally in decades because of their ability to make things happen.  Notice I said high school, because I know we have had some greats go on and play QB in college and or NFL.  But in high school, there is not a better weapon.

The elusiveness is what makes McGue the best.  He won't play QB at a major college because of his size, but will probably have the option to play another position.  In my opinion (say what you want) but guys like Foreman and McGue at the high school level are the best to play the position locally in decades because of their ability to make things happen.  Notice I said high school, because I know we have had some greats go on and play QB in college and or NFL.  But in high school, there is not a better weapon.

Exactly. Everything starts with the QB. If you've got a great player there you've probably got a good team. And McGue's definitely got a good team around him. The thing that's so impressive to me about him is that he plays a lot bigger than he is. From what I've been told, he currently has offers from Wofford, ETSU, Tennessee State and Furman. I'll be interested to see where he ends up and what position he ends up playing in college. He plays QB, WR, DB and even returns kicks for SH. I mean he can do it all and he does it all well.

I know Autin Peay can be added to that list and MTSU will come soon.  I think many schools will recruit him as an athlete.  You know it is crazy because at DB, Foreman was not the starter at QB until the starter went down with injury versus Sevier County.  When Foreman took over,  I can't remember seeing more play making made from speed from a QB at DB.  People were nervous after the starter went down, but Foreman had our offense scoring several more TD's a game easy.  

I know Autin Peay can be added to that list and MTSU will come soon.  I think many schools will recruit him as an athlete.  You know it is crazy because at DB, Foreman was not the starter at QB until the starter went down with injury versus Sevier County.  When Foreman took over,  I can't remember seeing more play making made from speed from a QB at DB.  People were nervous after the starter went down, but Foreman had our offense scoring several more TD's a game easy.  

Foreman was very good. I didn't really get to see him play much as I moved back to JC when he was a Senior but I remember him. From what I've been told, everyone knew McGue was going to be good. This good? I'm not sure, but certainly knew he had the talent to end up being a very good player. He was already showing flashes of being something special at WR and returning kicks when he was a Freshman. He had to wait his turn behind Hayes at QB though. I remember last year a lot of people where concerned about the QB position. I think it took all of one game for those concerns to disappear. Next year, the QB position will be in good hands once again. Junior QB/RB, Justin Bedard, is impressive. He'll remind you a little more of Hayes. He doesn't have the elusiveness McGue has but he's a big kid with a strong arm. This year he's on the field mainly at RB and has been a bit of a surprise there. He plays very physical.

Edited by Aussie2TN

Foreman was very good. I didn't really get to see him play much as I moved back to JC when he was a Senior but I remember him. From what I've been told, everyone knew McGue was going to be good. This good? I'm not sure, but certainly knew he had the talent to end up being a very good player. He was already showing flashes of being something special at WR and returning kicks when he was a Freshman. He had to wait his turn behind Hayes at QB though. I remember last year a lot of people where concerned about the QB position. I think it took all of one game for those concerns to disappear. Next year, the QB position will be in good hands once again. Junior QB/RB, Justin Bedard, is impressive. He'll remind you a little more of Hayes. He doesn't have the elusiveness McGue has but he's a big kid with a strong arm. He's also proving to be quite the bruiser when he tucks the ball and runs with it

I hear you Aussie.  I know Science Hill has some talent coming up.  DB does too.  I like the bigger QB's that have cannons as arms.  I am just really sold on the smaller, extremely fast QB's, with decent arms right now.  I feel like they can make a team the most dominating they can be.  Broken plays turning to first downs.  A QB slashing for 50 yards.  Roll out passes, you name it.  Speed makes thing happen.