Week 5: Science Hill at Brentwood Academy

voltnh

The paper listed the wrong QB but as you can see no one around here is expecting the same game as last year. If BA can not get a few stops on SH it may very well look like a repeat of last weeks game wirh mba. I personally think SH may be just a bit better than MBA in some ways

http://www.brentwoodhomepage.com/humdingers-game-of-week-ba-battles-explosive-hilltoppers-cms-17790#.VCQBjIr3bCQ

Edited by baylorbigdog1976

The paper listed the wrong QB but as you can see no one around here is expecting the same game as last year. If BA can not get a few stops on SH it may very well look like a repeat of last weeks game wirh mba. I personally think SH may be just a bit better than MBA in some ways

http://www.brentwoodhomepage.com/humdingers-game-of-week-ba-battles-explosive-hilltoppers-cms-17790#.VCQBjIr3bCQ

BA QB is soph and best wr a freshman? Either these kids can play or they have a week upperclass.. u tell me.

I agree, im just glad There is some competion in the big 7 this year ! I think McGue is great and i hope he stays healthy because i think DB vs science hill will be the game to see this year in the state of TN... last time we played at the HILL was 2012 very cold and rainy almost snowy, so i hope ita a good cool football night with no bad weather !! To be honest no one thought DB would have a great team this year because of the age and grades of these kids this year but come next year and year after DB will have a couple years they could easy compete for state championship for several years !!so if shill wants to beat DB this is the last year that they have a chance for awhile , will it happen this year , nah DBs coaches are to good to let carter beat them twice , even with this young DB team !

So back to BA vs SH ... if ba can stop mcgue from the scramble,then ba wins by 2 tds .. mcgue is a scrambler behind the line and i have seen several teams get thru their o line with ease but mcgue scrambles and make something out of nothing !!

McGue's stats while gaudy, are a bit misleading. He has several receivers that can take it to the house. His athleticism buys him time and one of Mathes, Holley, Patton, or White is getting open. You can't come up to make a play because those guys are so dangerous. If they need tough yards Bedard can be a hammer. An issue to me is when Bedard is QB he looks for #11. SH is very deep on skill players with TJ or even Sutton. Trey has made a difference in D but some team will catch him out of place on his run blitz.

I believe we haven't seen what this D can do. The offense is so potent they can be a bit gambling. They are bendable up front and teams have sustained drives. SH needs better competition. DB should relish SH being strong regardless of what the trolls think. A strong SH helps their program.

This is their year. There we will be some drop next year but Carter has the kids fired up...hopefully he keeps the pipeline full like Clark can do at DB.

Edited by kingindian33

Yes. Our QB who is a senior broke his ankle the first game of the year. He was the kid who trucked the SH defender toward the end of game last year .. Play they made a lot of film . He would have been one of the highest recruited QBs in the state in my opinion . 6'4 215 pound kid who was probably best runner on team and could sling the ball all over. JO was playing more defense and was 3rd string QB but has done a lot to win the starting position with out QB out.

Cam Johnson is the fresh wr and he is one of the top basketball players in the country ranked high nationally Google him. We also have 2 other wide receivers who are freshman and they play most of the snaps when we look to pass.

BA is banged up and very young. Right now I believe we only have 5 seniors staring out of 22 Positilons on the field. Many freshmen and Soph and a slug of juniors as well

BA QB is soph and best wr a freshman? Either these kids can play or they have a week upperclass.. u tell me.

Yes. Our QB who is a senior broke his ankle the first game of the year. He was the kid who trucked the SH defender toward the end of game last year .. Play they made a lot of film . He would have been one of the highest recruited QBs in the state in my opinion . 6'4 215 pound kid who was probably best runner on team and could sling the ball all over. JO was playing more defense and was 3rd string QB but has done a lot to win the starting position with out QB out.

Cam Johnson is the fresh wr and he is one of the top basketball players in the country ranked high nationally Google him. We also have 2 other wide receivers who are freshman and they play most of the snaps when we look to pass.

BA is banged up and very young. Right now I believe we only have 5 seniors staring out of 22 Positilons on the field. Many freshmen and Soph and a slug of juniors as well

Hate to hear that...hope it turns out well for the young man...my kids play basketball also, we'll be looking for him as one is a freshman. Bodes well for the future at BA. Good Luck.

I agree, im just glad There is some competion in the big 7 this year ! I think McGue is great and i hope he stays healthy because i think DB vs science hill will be the game to see this year in the state of TN... last time we played at the HILL was 2012 very cold and rainy almost snowy, so i hope ita a good cool football night with no bad weather !! To be honest no one thought DB would have a great team this year because of the age and grades of these kids this year but come next year and year after DB will have a couple years they could easy compete for state championship for several years !!so if shill wants to beat DB this is the last year that they have a chance for awhile , will it happen this year , nah DBs coaches are to good to let carter beat them twice , even with this young DB team !

So back to BA vs SH ... if ba can stop mcgue from the scramble,then ba wins by 2 tds .. mcgue is a scrambler behind the line and i have seen several teams get thru their o line with ease but mcgue scrambles and make something out of nothing !!

I do like your enthusiasm 33.I'd love to see a DB team be good enough to go back to the final 4 and have a chance to win it all.I can tell you right now that one thing will have to change for that to happen.DB is going to have to get a lot stronger as a team.There are a bunch of very fast 10th graders and a couple of  strong players in that class.There are some pretty darn good 9th graders with a couple of stud linebackers.I don't see the strength at this point being near enough and that's something that this team will need to compete at a state level in the future.The best teams have speed and strength.

Thanks we will see how it goes tomo night. I think alot of people remember the game last year but these are 2 different teams playing.

BA has not had an easy game all year. The last 2 weeks have been brutal and this week I think SH is right up there with mba and at x in terms of the effort the kids will need to give in order to have a shot at this game.

Hate to hear that...hope it turns out well for the young man...my kids play basketball also, we'll be looking for him as one is a freshman. Bodes well for the future at BA. Good Luck.

I agree, im just glad There is some competion in the big 7 this year !

33 - By "competition" I assume you mean the Hill because nobody else in the Big 2 Conference is even close to DB and SH, and pretty much never will be.      Now if TH beats Elizabethton this week we will have to revisit that last statement, but I do not see that happening...

33 - By "competition" I assume you mean the Hill because nobody else in the Big 2 Conference is even close to DB and SH, and pretty much never will be.      Now if TH beats Elizabethton this week we will have to revisit that last statement, but I do not see that happening...

TH beat a good South team and you never know how some teams will matchup.Last years game with TH is a quick reminder  for DB.