Best Offenses & Defenses in 3AAA

92Dragon

The issue teams seem to have with stopping the AC run game is not weather or not they stack the box and force the throw, but how they stack the box, I have seen a lot of teams come in with that game plan and most of them do not think about stacking in levels, they just put 8 guys around the line of scrimmage to stop the run but most of the time when you look at the D it only takes one or 2 blocks and then there is nothing but grass, it is kind of deceiving to the average fan and is very frustrating to coaches thinking they have all these guys at the line of scrimmage and they see Fox break one for 60 yards and cant figure out why, they just take there defenders out of the mix because there are no levels to stop the run after the initial block, OR did a good job at that last year and so did West, but West had so much speed on defense I think they had more room for alignment error lol.  Central and Catholic both "stacked" the box last season and AC put 60 on both because they had everyone on 2 levels and it only took 1 block and then there was no one between Fox and the Endzone, it will be interesting to see what changes Catholic makes on their alignment, I still look for them to stack the box up, but not so much horizontally this year, there was one long TD Fox had last year where it looked like there was 9 defenders within 10 yards of the ball, it looked real crowded but when you break it down at the point of attack they had 2 guys that needed blocked and then there was no help and we capitalized on it, I don't look for that to be the case this year and I call for a defensive fight in that game.

True very True. I just can not remember running the option much against Catholic; correct me if I am wrong. But I do know Catholic plays tight on screen and I think Tom speculated last year we should get rid of that pass as Catholic had that one down pat. He was right.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

True very True. I just can not remember running the option much against Catholic; correct me if I am wrong. But I do know Catholic plays tight on screen and I think Tom speculated last year we should get rid of that pass as Catholic had that one down pat. He was right.

you are correct, not a lot of option in that one as I remember, more or less of Fox just doing his thing with the bigs up front.  Fox had 433 yards rushing and 4TD's in that game.  and if I remember right I think Catholic had a pick 6 on that screen play

Powell hurt us on that play too and Catholic saw that and were ready for it for sure.

you are correct, not a lot of option in that one as I remember, more or less of Fox just doing his thing with the bigs up front.  Fox had 433 yards rushing and 4TD's in that game.  and if I remember right I think Catholic had a pick 6 on that screen play

We may have tried it once or twice but Catholic snuffed it out then we went straight fox. Boy if we can get the ball to ford in this game it will pay off.

Yea that is going to the well too many times. Slip up by staff.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. I don't know but the QB might have a read on that and either chucks it to the back or hits a receiver on a little go route so it could have been bad reads. We beat Catholic so no harm no foul in that game lol!

Fox this season so far has 892 yards rushing for an average of 178.4 per game

Last year at this time he was at 847 yards for an average of 169.4 per game

his stats last season started to skyrocket towards the end of the season when he had 394 against Central and 433 against Catholic and then had 268 against OR.  He seems to get stronger running in the second half of the games and if the stats from last season are any indication hopefully he gets stronger the second half of the season as well lol.  Last year he ended the season with 2,526 for an average of 194.3 per game, he had some low games last season that hampered his stats quite a bit, he had 1 game with 56 and 1 game with 22, if we can keep him healthy and he just stays consistant and we make a run in the playoffs it is possible for him to have back to back 2,500 yard seasons, let alone back to back 2,000 yards

Fox this season so far has 892 yards rushing for an average of 178.4 per game

Last year at this time he was at 847 yards for an average of 169.4 per game

his stats last season started to skyrocket towards the end of the season when he had 394 against Central and 433 against Catholic and then had 268 against OR.  He seems to get stronger running in the second half of the games and if the stats from last season are any indication hopefully he gets stronger the second half of the season as well lol.  Last year he ended the season with 2,526 for an average of 194.3 per game, he had some low games last season that hampered his stats quite a bit, he had 1 game with 56 and 1 game with 22, if we can keep him healthy and he just stays consistant and we make a run in the playoffs it is possible for him to have back to back 2,500 yard seasons, let alone back to back 2,000 yards

Keeping him healthy! That is exactly what Davey I talked about over the summer. In told him that Fox was Great and in my opinion easily a division I player but AC must have a back up plan. He corrected me quick and said we do 2 or 3 that will work. I said see that is why you are the coach. and Laughed LOL

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. I don't know but the QB might have a read on that and either chucks it to the back or hits a receiver on a little go route so it could have been bad reads. We beat Catholic so no harm no foul in that game lol!

Oh no you never can really tell if it is an audibly or just a relief valve or not.

Keeping him healthy! That is exactly what Davey I talked about over the summer. In told him that Fox was Great and in my opinion easily a division I player but AC must have a back up plan. He corrected me quick and said we do 2 or 3 that will work. I said see that is why you are the coach. and Laughed LOL

Fox is great, but I don't see him going to a D1 school. I heard Kentucky Christian University offered him. I could see him going to that type of school.