3A Playoff picture

mrhoward21

Look, this thread is not for how Alcoa wins the state title every year. It's about this years current playoff and how it's gonna set up. I actually went and started a thread for you all to argue about why Alcoa winsa state title yearly. Let this topic be for what it's about.

A little late there friend. Just sayin.

Certainly was not. You have been clear about your position, and I agree with everything you said. And your winning tradition inspires kids (and parents of kids) to come to Alcoa. This is to be commended. What I have found funny is the folks who deny it is an advantage, though legal. This discussion goes back many years on the "T."

You'll never hear me say that private schools don't have an advantage that the average public school doesn't have. Among other things, privates have the ability to draw from a much larger area than the average public school to acquire student athletes. But there are checks and balances to that.1. TSSAA multiplier of 1.8. 2. High tuition cost, which prevents many who would like to attend there from going. 3. Privates giving financial assistance to athletes must play in D2. Good people can debate if these are too little, too much, etc, but the fact is that there ARE checks and balances that the privates contend with. This is in contrast to the current open zone issue, which has no multiplier, artificially low tuition cost, and the ability to draw talent from an area larger than the typical school zone. Those are simply the facts.

agree 100%

I am equal opportunity. I enjoy the discussion on these boards. If someone wants to talk about a subject I'm interested in, I'll probably respond if I have the time to do so. Of course, you and other's are free to do the same. My posts are easy to ignore if one chooses.

Speaking of me following OR, that brings back memories of another open zone situation in Murfreesboro Riverdale where the current Alcoa coach had tremendous success for a time, while that zoning policy was in place. But that is history, so I'll only discuss that if you particularly want to.

Thanks for the well wishes. Best of luck to the Tornadoes, except in certain match ups of course. Hope to give you guys a real game, if not this year, perhaps next...

was there at the start of Riverdales run. Players came from all over the county no matter where they were zoned and some fromm out of county. Now that 4 more schools have opened, strict zones enforced and Enworth is picking prime talent away, no way Riverdale will ever be back to that level. Rankin knew exactly when to leave. I think transsfer rules like college hould be in place. If you want to move to a new school between 8th and 9th grade, do so. Make sure yu move in zone. But play 2 years at one school, then jump ship to an upgraded school just to play ball.....sit a year. Just like college. PA has a simular tranfer rule for high school with appeal process to allow for a few few transfer and play circumstances. Just like in the NCAA. I have no problem with open zones. But if you charge any type tuition for open zoned and have players on the team doing it, you need the multiplier. Fairest way to do it. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan