Week 6: Science Hill at Tennessee High

BigDave1967

Waiting to see how the Topper defense shows up against TH. Seems like they have had a steady improvement as the season goes along. Wondering how much they learned from the BA game.

The SH defense is still the big question mark. Everyone knows what the offense can do and so far they've been very consistent. The defense does appear to be getting a little better each game but they've still got a ways to go. Are they going to play lights out the whole game (Mo West) or lights out the first half (Siegel)? IMO they have the potential to hold the Vikings under 21 this week. Will they do so? I guess we'll find out.

The kids are a little beat up from the BA battle.  Those kids were not only big but fast and as we all know from physics Mass x Velocity = Force and there was a lot force generated when those bodies collided.   The O line for BA was not only big but great athletes as well, probably the best on their team.

The defense needs to find a way to stop the run, our pass defense downfield was good it was the screens that killed us.  

Hopefully there is no let down from the big game, I doubt there will be as this team wants to repeat as conference champions and try to get some games at home in the playoffs and earn a trip south to see how they stack up against the anointed one!  

The offense is so balanced even if one or two have an off night there is enough to carry the load.  The yards after catch last week was a stat over looked as usual in the paper but I bet 75% of the passing yards came after the catch, we have kids that can run when they catch the football and our running back had 95 yards on only 10 carries so we can run it if we need and that defense was the best we will face the rest of the way.

If the defense shows up this should be over before it makes it to the third quarter, lets hope we  get out healthy and are ready for the next game.  Go Toppers!

Wow... haven't seen this many SH fans on coacht (that actually spoke up) in years!! Weather must be good up on the Hill.  :lol: The Vikings are getting ready to get their pants pulled down to their ankles right in front of the entire world. We just simple aren't able to defend the pass....  long, short, you name it. And after this game even Volunteer will be throwing the long ball on us. We've been able to survive the pass basically because we haven't faced a team that passing was anything more than a way to open up their running attach. Science Hill is ALMOST a pass first team and even these short passes that we were giving Elizabethton will turn into big plays with the athletes we will face in this game. So this one is going to get ugly fast unless there are some improvements with the secondary coverage. The secondary is also going to be challenged to help with run support more so this game than any other game so far this year with the exception of last week. And last week we didn't do to well. Once Ethan broke through the first wave of the defense he met little resistance on the way to the end zone. Now this isn't an issue at the safety position, but the corners are going to have to man up! The second thing we will need to do is PASS THE ROCK!!! I don't think we threw the ball one time last week. Of course the Cyclones were having just about as much trouble stopping the run as we were having with them. Well..... maybe not AS much :blush: ... but they were having their troubles with the Viking ground attach. If by some miracle we are able put something together in these two areas the Vikings have the personnel to make this another shootout like last week.    

Wow... haven't seen this many SH fans on coacht (that actually spoke up) in years!! Weather must be good up on the Hill.  :lol: The Vikings are getting ready to get their pants pulled down to their ankles right in front of the entire world. We just simple aren't able to defend the pass....  long, short, you name it. And after this game even Volunteer will be throwing the long ball on us. We've been able to survive the pass basically because we haven't faced a team that passing was anything more than a way to open up their running attach. Science Hill is ALMOST a pass first team and even these short passes that we were giving Elizabethton will turn into big plays with the athletes we will face in this game. So this one is going to get ugly fast unless there are some improvements with the secondary coverage. The secondary is also going to be challenged to help with run support more so this game than any other game so far this year with the exception of last week. And last week we didn't do to well. Once Ethan broke through the first wave of the defense he met little resistance on the way to the end zone. Now this isn't an issue at the safety position, but the corners are going to have to man up! The second thing we will need to do is PASS THE ROCK!!! I don't think we threw the ball one time last week. Of course the Cyclones were having just about as much trouble stopping the run as we were having with them. Well..... maybe not AS much :blush: ... but they were having their troubles with the Viking ground attach. If by some miracle we are able put something together in these two areas the Vikings have the personnel to make this another shootout like last week.    

When you have a poor secondary it makes the game more exciting.

Cap I agree with you. Y'all have some speedsters on y'all's team and I think y'all can hang with SH for a while. Just don't let them get a big lead on y'all like they did us! If y'all score with them like y'all did us, heck, a few breaks and this may be a game come 4 th quarter! I commend TH for never quitting when they played Etown. That was one of the best games I've watched in a while, exception being Etown/SullySouth game last year. I personally would love to see an upset!

• Upvote 1