Halls vs. Powell, Rival game

RedD

Great job Devils, I felt really bad for those kids that had to stand behind the fence that was for sure the lowest thing I have ever seen a coach do to his freshman, I have watched Halls for a long time and I can't remember when we threw the ball this much, the QB looked sharp at times and had a few bad ones and the receivers have been playing very good as well, maybe something to look forward to with this team being so young,

AC taught your QB everything he knows :)! JK.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

osu, I saw something that I have never seen before in hs football. I turned on the tv and my son said "daddy, why are those Powell players standing behind the fence"? What in the world was that all about. I know they were freshmen, and there were only 14 of them, but why even bring them and dress them out if they are not allowed to stand on the sideline? That is a first for me.

Implosion of epic proportions is an understatement. Wow!

Yeah I have no clue what that was about. I was equally concerned about that total lack of emotion by the Powell players last night. They just look numb at this point. I don't think any of the Powell kids looked remotely interested in the game last night. Just sad to see. I'm sure losing certainly has something to do with that, but with everything else going on, I think a lot of these kids are ready to call it a season.

If this holds up, it will be Powell's worst season since 1985 (I think that was Clark Duncan's first year).

yeah, they are dangerously close to taking up the equipment. I don't see how Allen could possibly be back next year and field a team. Those kids are over it. I feel for the players.

Stranger things have certainly happened, but I'm having a tough time believing that Allen will be back next year. Powell was going to experience some ills this year, with all of the talent they had to replace, but this has just gotten out of hand. I can't imagine that Allen has many allies left at this point.

Just sucks to see someone essentially tear a program down in less than a year.

Edited by osunut2

Stranger things have certainly happened, but I'm having a tough time believing that Allen will be back next year. Powell was going to experience some ills this year, with all of the talent they had to replace, but this has just gotten out of hand. I can't imagine that Allen has many allies left at this point.

yea, they probably would have struggled no matter what, but there is a difference in struggling and heading in the wrong direction and under Allen I think that's where Powell is headed. 

you know there has been Halls teams that would have lost to Powell last night, we still have away to go but we are certainly not going in the direction of Powell, the Powell coach should be replaced today after doing what he done to those kids last night, it is the worst disrespect I have seen to  freshman players.

Does anybody know why he did that to those players? I have never seen that before. I probably would have taken my gear off and chucked it over the fence and said I'm out. But that's just me. As I understand it, these kids are tired of being yelled at. I know coaches yell, it's part of it, but when you're this down and you continue to lose, continue to show up for practice and all you get is yelled at. It's a bad situation.