Battle for the cellar-Portland at Lebanon

SOUTHERNFRIED

Portland beats Lebanon 20-14. Pretty much guarantees first 0-10 season for Lebanon since ?????.

I know Coach Harp has had a lot of obstacles to deal with while at Lebanon but I must say I expected a little bit more from his team two years in. The decline from 2013 to 2014 has been alarming regardless of the reasons.

I don't know the last time they went 0-10 but don't act like this is a brand new low.... 

Assuming they go 0-10 (which they will with WC and Beech remaining) that will but them at 5-35 for the last 4 years. Which pretty much averages out to 1 win per season. 

They only won 1 game in 2012 and Hendersonville (I believe thats correct) pretty much gave that one away. 

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It isn't gonna change anytime soon for Lebanon. They are most likely gonna be getting a new coaching staff after this season. So they are gonna have to start over there.... And the best kids the last couple years from middle school in the area are mostly playing at Friendship Christian. So not a great deal of improvement in the next couple years in terms of talent. 

I don't know the last time they went 0-10 but don't act like this is a brand new low....

Assuming they go 0-10 (which they will with WC and Beech remaining) that will but them at 5-35 for the last 4 years. Which pretty much averages out to 1 win per season.

They only won 1 game in 2012 and Hendersonville (I believe thats correct) pretty much gave that one away.

I realize how poor it's been for several years now. My only negative comment regarding Coach Harp is that I felt like two years in I thought they'd be further along in the rebuild. They've obviously gone backwards this year. But I also realize there are several reasons why that is the case.

Also, I wish I knew who in the administration is handcuffing our coach. I've heard the principal. If that's the case she needs to be gone. Who in their right mind would bring in a coach of Harp's caliber and background and then hold him down?

I feel like coach harp can get the job done at Lebanon with time and COOPERATION FROM HIGHER UPS!!! If they're always going to meddle then what difference does it make who the coach is?