Week 8: Powell at Oak Ridge

BigDave1967

I remember noticing it during the game and nobody else seemed to notice. He came down that sideline like a bullet. I couldn't believe it, Nole. And you're right. And I would venture to say that hadn't happened much, if ever.

Apparently Gaddis noticed it too. Does this team seem more "together" than the last few OR teams, or is it my imagination?

Gaddis must be a pretty good coach.  Think he'll stick around for awhile?  I have a grandson in middle school, and I hope Gaddis is still there when he plays.

Gaddis is the master motivator and program builder. He surrounds himself with talented coaches.

Coach is 60(?) years old. I think he spends a few years building the program and raising money. I think 5-6 years. He won't coach anywhere else. Coach Kwayu Graham should be next in line. No one has a bigger heart for Oak Ridge than Graham (except maybe Gaddis).

I am certain there are some that will disagree.

Edited by OR nole

Gaddis must be a pretty good coach.  Think he'll stick around for awhile?  I have a grandson in middle school, and I hope Gaddis is still there when he plays.

I heard Gaddis speak a few months ago and he said he plans to be here for a while. He said he planned to stay at least as long as he did last time and that was 11 years.

Gaddis is the master motivator and program builder. He surrounds himself with talented coaches.

Coach is 60(?) years old. I think he spends a few years building the program and raising money. I think 5-6 years. He won't coach anywhere else. Coach Kwayu Graham should be next in line. No one has a bigger heart for Oak Ridge than Graham (except maybe Gaddis).

The guy (Gaddis) totally loves Oak Ridge and Oak Ridge football. I see him being here for more than 5-6 years. His energy level seems like that of a 30-40 year old. Have you ever watched him during the pregame at Blankenship or during the actual game? If you haven't then you should. He may be 60 but his body doesn't know it.

Apparently Gaddis noticed it too. Does this team seem more "together" than the last few OR teams, or is it my imagination?

Virtually no player leadership last year. As the parent of a player, I can tell you the team is "very together" as in a brotherhood. Lots of support for one another and desire to do the right things. I still don't know what happened with the RBs a couple of weeks ago, but consider it a fluke.

The guy (Gaddis) totally loves Oak Ridge and Oak Ridge football. I see him being here for more than 5-6 years. His energy level seems like that of a 30-40 year old. Have you ever watched him during the pregame at Blankenship or during the actual game? If you haven't then you should. He may be 60 but his body doesn't know it.

I don't necessarily disagree and certainly hope you are correct.

That's how I see it playing out too Nole. Kwayu taking the helm after Gaddis. He brings a lot of the same qualities as Joe just younger.

The biggest thing I worry about with Joe is can his heart stand it, man he gets worked up on the sideline.

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL

That's a concern for sure. But folklore has it that he has said that he wants to die on the sideline at Blankenship and with the way he gets worked up, he may get his wish.