Week 8: Walker Valley at Cleveland

BigDave1967

I'll take the other side of the coin..

This happens almost every season lately. WV starts off with a bang, playing lesser opponents and racking up W's, gaining confidence with the fan base and the casual observers. Meanwhile, the rest of the district is playing folks like McCallie, West, Dobyns-Bennett, Oakland, Signal Mountain, etc.

For the last two seasons, the Cleveland-WV game has been billed as a "good game" or a "close game" and it just wasn't.  A senior-night home game with a playoff berth on the line will see Cleveland hungry and aggressive, and ready to dispel the naysayers once again while helping to show WV for the average team they are...which is better than the worst of the district, which they used to be annually.

Raiders by 17...at least.

I'll take the other side of the coin..

This happens almost every season lately. WV starts off with a bang, playing lesser opponents and racking up W's, gaining confidence with the fan base and the casual observers. Meanwhile, the rest of the district is playing folks like McCallie, West, Dobyns-Bennett, Oakland, Signal Mountain, etc.

For the last two seasons, the Cleveland-WV game has been billed as a "good game" or a "close game" and it just wasn't.  A senior-night home game with a playoff berth on the line will see Cleveland hungry and aggressive, and ready to dispel the naysayers once again while helping to show WV for the average team they are...which is better than the worst of the district, which they used to be annually.

Raiders by 17...at least.

Yep your right except this isn't the last few years. Only the Owls have won against those teams this year everyone else lost to them. Does playing better teams make you better. Sometimes but it didn't help Bradley against Walker. Until the teams in the district get some consistency it's just a guess who shows up for them.

Yep your right except this isn't the last few years. Only the Owls have won against those teams this year everyone else lost to them. Does playing better teams make you better. Sometimes but it didn't help Bradley against Walker. Until the teams in the district get some consistency it's just a guess who shows up for them.

Actually, this year isn't drastically different than years past. Ooltewah has one less loss than this time last year. Cleveland has one more. Walker Valley is one win ahead of pace. For Bradley and Soddy, the year is going differently for sure...but they're not who we're talking about.

I tend to believe that playing quality opponents makes you stronger for the stretch and the playoffs. I also believe that playing easy teams does just the opposite.

Not counting chickens before they hatch...just maintaining that we go through this every season with WV, and I believe they'll finish out like they usually do. Their best days are probably a season or two ahead, but then again Bradley and Cleveland will be good then too...and Rhea will be back in the district.

cleveland controlled much of the Bradley game too, just got the short end of the officiating, mainly in the second half and especially in the 4th. But wv has a good team, this game will be close. I'm going with Cleveland by 7 also

So if Cleveland actually had good officiating........ they would be undefeated. I was at the game and Bradley had 2 penalties when they were at the 1 yd line. But  I guess those calls were good, right?

So if Cleveland actually had good officiating........ they would be undefeated. I was at the game and Bradley had 2 penalties when they were at the 1 yd line. But I guess those calls were good, right?

yup we would clearly be undefeated if it wasn't for the officiating...you obviously watched the game with black and gold goggles on. It was the same ref throwing all these flags on Cleveland. But bradley is irrelevant now, time to move on.

yup we would clearly be undefeated if it wasn't for the officiating...you obviously watched the game with black and gold goggles on. It was the same ref throwing all these flags on Cleveland. But bradley is irrelevant now, time to move on.

In high school football the road team is always up against it from homer officials. Walker Valley will probably be complaining Friday night.