district 8AA 2015-2016 how does it change with new district parings?

Girl2

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. Two ways it can go depending on if the seperate all public and private schools. Either way looks like LA and MC are 4a and will be in district with north Nashville with Greenbrier, Whitehouse, ect. Smith looks to go to 2a. With the 4 teams falling into 3a,one way is CC, UH, and DC joining Marshal Co, Giels Co, Page in a district with York going over to east Tn. Another way is CC,York,UH,DC staying together and adding Grundy and Sequachie from the south.

No. Two ways it can go depending on if the seperate all public and private schools. Either way looks like LA and MC are 4a and will be in district with north Nashville with Greenbrier, Whitehouse, ect. Smith looks to go to 2a. With the 4 teams falling into 3a,one way is CC, UH, and DC joining Marshal Co, Giels Co, Page in a district with York going over to east Tn. Another way is CC,York,UH,DC staying together and adding Grundy and Sequachie from the south.

What teams do you think smith co will end up being in district with?

For the sake of at least having some sort of rivalry to the games I hope YAI doesn't have to go east. It will be interesting I guess if we do. Definitely a different type of ball played in the east from what I've watched.

For the sake of at least having some sort of rivalry to the games I hope YAI doesn't have to go east. It will be interesting I guess if we do. Definitely a different type of ball played in the east from what I've watched.

8-aa has become a pretty tight district for the last few years with some really good games. I sure hate to see that go.

I don't see any split for at least 2 more years after all the time they spent on this part of it. My hopes, a region with Cannon, Upperman, DeKalb, York, Smith, Sequatchie, Grundy. The alternative for Sequatchie and probably Grundy would be part of larger group with Chattanooga teams and maybe McMinn Central, which would leave very little room for non-region money games. Cannon and DeKalb aren't too far away, and Sequatchie and Grundy could go to York one year, Upperman and Smith the next year, not a big deal. The current 8-AA teams could go to Grundy one year, Sequatchie the next so one big region trip a year wouldn't be awful.

I don't see any split for at least 2 more years after all the time they spent on this part of it. My hopes, a region with Cannon, Upperman, DeKalb, York, Smith, Sequatchie, Grundy. The alternative for Sequatchie and probably Grundy would be part of larger group with Chattanooga teams and maybe McMinn Central, which would leave very little room for non-region money games. Cannon and DeKalb aren't too far away, and Sequatchie and Grundy could go to York one year, Upperman and Smith the next year, not a big deal. The current 8-AA teams could go to Grundy one year, Sequatchie the next so one big region trip a year wouldn't be awful.

That would be a good competitive district from top to bottom most years.

If Sequatchie can work out some things they should have good teams over the next few years. The JV group is undefeated and has beaten Ooltewah and Marion this year. Grundy has a strong 8th grade team so they could be coming up well too. It looks like the only 8AA team down currently is Cannon. Some of the Chattanooga teams would likely bring over 10 fans, and just as bad possibly replace a big gate opponent like Marion. A move with the current 8AA teams, all similar type schools, is a much better option.

Edited by Indian

If Sequatchie can work out some things they should have good teams over the next few years. The JV group is undefeated and has beaten Ooltewah and Marion this year. Grundy has a strong 8th grade team so they could be coming up well too. It looks like the only 8AA team down currently is Cannon. Some of the Chattanooga teams would likely bring over 10 fans, and just as bad possibly replace a big gate opponent like Marion. A move with the current 8AA teams, all similar type schools, is a much better option.

I'm all for Grundy and Sequatchie joining our district. I'm sure several 8aa teams at least have a little history with yalls teams. I know DeKalb County has played Grundy and Bledsoe several times in the regular season in years past. Even played the old Dunlap school 2-3 times way back when too.

Sequatchie has played Smith several times in the playoffs. I only remember 2 wins, 90 in Rankin's last game and 97 at Tech. 96 I thought Sequatchie had a shot at the state title game the way the brackets in the east looked but they ran into a buzzsaw at Upperman in the quarters in 100 yards of pure mud. Upperman played well against Webb in the semis if I remember right.

Sequatchie has played Smith several times in the playoffs. I only remember 2 wins, 90 in Rankin's last game and 97 at Tech. 96 I thought Sequatchie had a shot at the state title game the way the brackets in the east looked but they ran into a buzzsaw at Upperman in the quarters in 100 yards of pure mud. Upperman played well against Webb in the semis if I remember right.

Upperman had a chance to win that game but a late fumble sealed the deal for Webb.