waverly what happened?

donhaney

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to assume that Donhaney's post is not the post that started this thread. If the initial one was negative, thanks for making it go away! Tigers, you have had an outstanding season and it's hard to see it end the way it did. You certainly got people's attention this year. I'm sure you're dissappointed that it's over, but it sure has been a fun ride! Good Luck to you all! Go Tigers!

Guest abigfan

Coach Pullen lost this game for Waverly in last weeks win against Fairview when he tried to run up the score in the closing seconds of the game. This mistake cost him his best taleback for the playoffs. As a coach heading into the playoffs there were no excuse to justify leaving Jessie in the game. NONE. And then last nights decision to go for 1st down on fouth and one at mid field with 3 minutes left in the game and the team up by just 3 points was, well, just foolish. I know coaches are going to make mistakes just like the players, I just hope Coach Pullen accepts responsiblity and lets his players know who lost the game for them.

Congrats to McKensey on a great win against a tuff team. Good luck with your next game.

I can see that you decided to sign up for Coacht just to talk trash our coach. Have you ever heard the old saying "walk a mile in his shoes"? Coach Pullen has always given all the credit for our successful season to the boys on his team. They have a lot of heart and have all worked very hard to get where they were last night. I don't think you will find any of them blaming the coach. Coach Pullen has brought our football program from the bottom to the top. I look forward to next year and another great season for our Tigers. I hope that our teams realizes that they have brought the Waverly Pride back and as a fan, I thank all of them for making this season so exciting. Go Tigers!

I Can Tell You What Happened... The Tigers Lost One Game To A Very Good Team.. It Just So Happens It Was In The Playoffs Where If You Lose Your Season Is Over.. There Is No Blame.. The Boys Played Hard The Coach Did The Best Job He Could.. He Called The Plays He Thought Was The Best To Win The Game.. No One In Waverly Should Be Down On Coach Pullen Cause I Think He Did A Wonderful Job This Year..

Theres Gonna BE A Lot Of What If's And Coulda Shoulda... But In This Game The Boys Played With Everything They Had And The Coach Coached With Everything He Had And It Didn't Come Out The Way The Tigers Wanted It....

People Will Say If Jesse Was Playing It Would HAve Been Differnt.. It Might Have But Again It Might Not HAve.. The One Post Said They Shouldn't HAve Went For It At Mid Field With 3 Mins To Go And It 4th And One... Why Not.. It You Make That 1 Yard You Can Almost Run The Clock Out And End The Game If You Punt You Take A Chance On A long Run Back Or Alot Of Things.. I THink The Coach Did The Right Thing.. LIke I Said The Tigers Lost One Game To A Very Good Team.

We Are Very Proud Of You Tigers Hold You Heads High....

TIGER PRIDE LIVES FOREVER !!!!!

Guest abigfan

Over all I also think Coach Pullen has done a good job. I am sure he did the best he could as did the players. I am very proud of this team. I just think he should tell his players that he accepts responsiblity for poor dicision making. It was not fair to the other players to let Jessie try to break a school record resulting in his injury in the closing seconds of a game they had already won. As far as the first down attemp on 4 and 1. You could give that same situation to any other high school coach and they would have all chose to punt.

Guest theoldguys

The program has been up and down for years. To say Coach Pullen has brought the pride back is an insult. The pride was never gone. Coach Hampton is and Always will be the coach that brought the pride to waverly football team. When blame starts to be tossed around is where the problem starts and thats why Waverly will continue to be a first round and first round team only. When palyers love and care about each other for example 1986, 1987, 1993, 1994 then and only then will you experience success. Good luck tigers.

All i want to know is would Coach Pullen of been a hero if they would of got the first down and they would of ran he clock out??I was there and the way that the game was going i am not to sure that i wouldnt of done the same exact thing.waverly was up 17-0 with 8 mins to go and within 8 minutes mckenzie scored 2 scores on 2 big drives(i think 2 maybe 3)..so the momentem was surely not going there way..All i have to say is if you want to be put in those postitions go get your teaching degree and become a coach or go to a town that needs a assistant that doesnt know you and maybe just maybe theyll hire you..and if you are a coach and you werent at the game then maybe you just dont need to know the game situation..but agian this is just my opipion once agian..Oh yes and for the fact about Hayes he is a hard runner yes but the line is what got him all the yards,im telling oyu i played agianst the guys..

Guest TeamMOM

I will agree that second guessing the coach is not the way to go. And I will also agree that without a GREAT Line, NO running back can break through and make the plays for the game. But I will also say, that once that running back gets past the line, he has to have speed to break away from the defense, and THAT Jesse "Slim" has. I don't think there is anyone that can deny that.

Way to Go Tigers!!