McMinn County -vs- Bradley County

TribeFan

The second oldest rivalry game will be played this Friday night in Athens. Both teams have struggled this year in the "W" column. But when it comes to records you can throw them all out the window for this annual game.

Basically when it come to McMinn & Bradley it doesn't matter if they are playing checkers they want to beat the other as bad as possible.

Who wins?

McMinn 31

Bradley 24

GO TRIBE!!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the enrollment figures coming out, could this be the last one? McMinn will go to 5A and Bradley is shown in the Super 32 as they call it, and with 7 region games leaving only 3 outside games. Cleveland and Walker Valley are givens. But McMinn or Polk? McMinn remains in 5A, while Polk looks to drop to 2A in the new classifications.

Both teams have had trouble putting up W's it's true. Both have played tough schedules. Always a battle on the field. But when looking at the scores posted on there I think some are looking a little high.

For the sake of argument and because I am Bear through and through I will take the Bears to win 19-15.

Edited by alt1958

Alt I just read on the buzz sports drive twitter that they are slotted for 6A. I understand the enrollment but the TSSAA is horrible about looking into the travel situation and cost for this. No will they. I'm not a bear fan but I'm a fan of the kids in our county and city I cannot see how this benefits that program at all. I thought it was about the kids.

This is the second oldest continuous rivalry in the state, so I think Bradley would continue scheduling McMinn even if Bradley goes to the Super 32.

I agree with TribeFan, you can generally throw out the records when these two black & gold cladded teams meet on the gridiron. I'm going with McMinn to win in a close one because they've won two straight with their youngsters and they play at home.

Alt I just read on the buzz sports drive twitter that they are slotted for 6A. I understand the enrollment but the TSSAA is horrible about looking into the travel situation and cost for this. No will they. I'm not a bear fan but I'm a fan of the kids in our county and city I cannot see how this benefits that program at all. I thought it was about the kids.

That will help Maryville to drop to 5A

Big discussion on the show about this. Kent Smith made some huge points.