Carter

Catholic

Central

Clinton

Fulton

Gibbs

Seymour

Union County

With the TSSAA reporting that Clinton and Gibbs were moving to 5A, it appears that this will be an 8 team region. Anderson County, Carter, Catholic, Central, Fulton, Grainger, Seymour, and Union County. Unless Grainger wants to play in Region 1.

Edited by QSouth89

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the TSSAA reporting that Clinton and Gibbs were moving to 5A, it appears that this will be an 8 team region. Anderson County, Carter, Catholic, Central, Fulton, Grainger, Seymour, and Union County. Unless Grainger wants to play in Region 1.

But as I count it if you have eight in Region 2 that only leaves six in Region 1, right?  If that's the case, they would be Greeneville, Sullivans South, East and Central, Volunteer and Cherokee, unless I'm missing one.  So I think either Seymour or Grainger would likely go to Region 1.

Edited by MavMaximus

Region 3 is a puzzle to me too.  It looks like the Chattanooga area only has two 4A teams, Chatt Central and Hixon.  I would assume that they'll be placed with Livingston Academy, Cumberland County, Stone Memorial, and Sequoyah. 

Edit:  I missed East Hamilton, which would obviously be in this region, which means Livingston Academy probably wouldn't be.

Edited by MavMaximus

This is my best guess looking at the map. But there are some real challenges. One has already been noted with the Knoxville Region. Would they really put nine teams in one region? Another challenge is with a school like Hardin County or Livingston. They are just not near many schools. I'm sure someone could come up with a better grouping, but this is my shot at it:

Region 1

Grainger, Sullivan East, Sullivan Central, Sullivan South, Volunteer, Cherokee, Greeneville

Region 2

Seymour, Carter, Gibbs, Central, Catholic, Clinton, Anderson, Fulton, Union County

Region 3

Sequoyah, Hixson, Chatt. Central, East Hamilton, Cumberland County, Stone Memorial

Region 4

Livingston, Macon Co., Portland, White House, Springfield

Region 5

Lawrence Co., Giles Co., Marshall Co., Tullahoma, Paige, Spring Hill, Hardin County

Region 6

Northwest, Kenwood, Montgomery Central, Creek Wood, Hillwood, Lipscomb, Pearl-Cohn, Maplewood

Region 7 

Chester County, Northside, Crockett Co., Lexington, Dyer Co., Obion County

Region 8

Millington, Craigmont, Kingsbury, Ridgeway, Kirby, Ripley, Haywood

PJM; the big tuna thinks you are right on with most of your projections.

Region 2 lost Gibbs and Clinton

Region 8 lost Kirby but picked up Memphis East

Hardin could go either way: Region 5 or Region 7

Hopefully TSSAA will put it on the website Friday!

But as I count it if you have eight in Region 2 that only leaves six in Region 1, right?  If that's the case, they would be Greeneville, Sullivans South, East and Central, Volunteer and Cherokee, unless I'm missing one.  So I think either Seymour or Grainger would likely go to Region 1.

Would Grainger County really want to travel to upper east Tennessee for games?  Carter in Strawberry Plains is closer then Greeneville. Seymour is placed in an odd position, but I agree, if they place another team in Region 1 it will probably be Grainger.