Who will Powell get for a coach now?

vol4life2

Yep.  3 really good candidates. 

And a decision isn't going to be made until after the Christmas break, according to the candidate I spoke with today.  

Do interviews conclude today? If so, it would make sense to name the new guy by the end of the week imo. That way he could meet with the players and have them ready to go right back from the break.

But what do I know!! lol

Don't know, either, TFB. For whatever reason, and I am sure that the administration has good reason, it's apparently not going to happen until January.

It just seems like it would be beneficial to all involved to get it done before the break so all involved can get on with their business one way or the other. It would make for a less tense Christmas for all three candidates for sure!!

Any news today since the interviews are now officially over?

Looks like we are going to be able to discuss, argue, debate etc. for another month on who it will be. Looks like it will be Jan before they announce. Makes no sense imo. Why make these gentlemen wait that long, over the Christmas break especially, to announce it. As if the holiday's weren't stressful enough!!! But I'm sure the administration has their reasoning and when it happens it will all make sense in the end.

His certification is K-12 just as almost all special ed certifications are. He could teach at the high school level. The coach at Central on the other hand does not have a high school license in Tennessee. It is just elementary. Tell me hot they got him in the building

A lot of times if a teacher has an active Tn teachers license, even if it's not the right grade level or subject, Knox County will give that teacher a waiver that allows him to take the classes necessary to get certified and earn the right endorsement.  That's most like the case with Rosser at Cental.  It happens quite often with teachers, not just coaches.

A lot of times if a teacher has an active Tn teachers license, even if it's not the right grade level or subject, Knox County will give that teacher a waiver that allows him to take the classes necessary to get certified and earn the right endorsement.  That's most like the case with Rosser at Cental.  It happens quite often with teachers, not just coaches.

That is true for a subject area but the county cannot give a waver on this because it is the states guideline. If he were certified in something with a high school endorsement then this would work but he is not. He does not have the required college credits to teach at a high school. The state will not allow him. Central has hired him to work with the other grad coach in some capacity which the county has never done to my knowledge. I was really just noting that this was very unusual for someone without a high school endorsement on his license or a counselor certification holding a position at a high school in the guidance department.

Very quiet today....with the end of the interviews I figured they would announce by the end of this week. But, most on here are saying after Christmas?

Can we get any speculation? Have they narrowed it down to 2? Has anyone else pulled their name out of the race?

HTV....any info? lol

Nothing new.  I spoke with 2 of the 3 left in the mix and they both indicated that they were told that it would be January when school returns from Christmas break before a decision is made.  

So, it's likely going to be status quo until then unless Administration changes its mind.