Who will Powell get for a coach now?

vol4life2

so heres a question for you....I only ask you because I know that you are a great source for information on local coaches being in the radio business......where has he coached? I really haven't ever heard about him before & I usually hear names of head coaches & top assistants....does he have a local tie? Has he been a head coach before? 

I have heard that Russ Partin is probably the front runner being a Powell alum, but if headdrick is from there then maybe he has a true shot too.

Don't know a ton about Headrick, but I do know that he wasn't on any of Matt's Powell staffs, nor has he been on Larry Stephens' staff before Matt, or any of the 3 coaches since Matt's staff.  

It's my understanding that he worked at Central for several years under Joel Helton, during Centrals run of really good teams back in the last decade - years when they were battling Maryville in the playoffs and could have had a real shot at winning state titles if not for Maryville. 

And I know that he has coached with Matt at The King's Academy for the last couple of years. That's where I have met him.  

He is a PE teacher at an elementary school in Knox County, according to the Knox County Schools website. 

Other than that, don't know a lot about him, but what I have been told is positive. 

Edited by HTV

I am not trying to belittle you or scold you for any reason, just simply stating what I read on here. In fact, I think it is admirable that you do not disclose names and/or potential candidates. I think it was irresponsible for the KNS to name the three candidates like they did, for reasons that you have continually stated. 

As another poster said, we will know when the administration officially announces something.

I understand, and I didn't take it that way.  Not a problem.  

Don't know a ton about Headrick, but I do know that he wasn't on any of Matt's Powell staffs, nor has he been on Larry Stephens' staff before Matt, or any of the 3 coaches since Matt's staff.

It's my understanding that he worked at Central for several years under Joel Helton, during Centrals run of really good teams back in the last decade - years when they were battling Maryville in the playoffs and could have had a real shot at winning state titles if not for Maryville.

And I know that he has coached with Matt at The King's Academy for the last couple of years. That's where I have met him.

He is a PE teacher at an elementary school in Knox County, according to the Knox County Schools website.

Other than that, don't know a lot about him, but what I have been told is positive.

But does he own land in powell?! Sorry, couldn't resist another Gruden reference! ðŸ˜

Sounds like he might be a good candidate....& I agree with the way you don't run names in the paper....the news sentinel runs Slovers name & he doesn't even get called back for a 2nd interview & everyone in Cocke Co. knows he wanted to leave.

Yeah. Think he has an acre and a mule along Beaver Creek. [/quot

Ha!!! That's a good one! On a serious note though, you really seem to be in the know on this situation and I admire your ethics on it as well. When do you anticipate an announcement of some sort from the administration?

Not really sure.  I have thought all along that the way the timing has seemed to progress that it was probably going to happen before school got out for the Christmas break, but I don't know that for sure.  My info has come primarily from talking with the applicants themselves.  I don't know what the Powell administration's time line is as I haven't talked to them and wouldn't expect them to tell me anything even if I had, and and it is, of course, completely up to them as to what happens when.  

In any event, it looks like whomever ends up getting the job is going to be a good choice.  As I said earlier the applicant pool was very good this time around, and the 4 finalists are all very well qualified.  

Sounds like he might be a good candidate....& I agree with the way you don't run names in the paper....the news sentinel runs Slovers name & he doesn't even get called back for a 2nd interview & everyone in Cocke Co. knows he wanted to leave.

Which is exactly why I won't name names.  

OK, so some of you are really going to hate me now - just got word that one of the four finalists pulled his name out of consideration this morning.  It appears to be down to three now.  

OK, so some of you are really going to hate me now - just got word that one of the four finalists pulled his name out of consideration this morning.  It appears to be down to three now.  

WOW.....thats a big development....who & why? Come on now you can tell us this lol

My source just confirmed that Headdrick pulled out......why would he do that if he is already working in the Knox County school system.

I guess you gave me his resume for nothing LOL