Who will Powell get for a coach now?

vol4life2

So they have had the interviews & narrowed it down? So Slover isn't a finalist? I know he hasn't done a lot at Cocke Co., but with his name in the news sentinel I figured he was high on their list. How many finalist are there? & who are they?

I don't know anything about Slover personally and don't know how long he has been at C.C. but some places can be so infected with losing and crooked politics that it can be a death sentence to anyone that gets involved. Kind of like getting sprayed by a skunk, your going to smell bad for a long time. I've seem many good assistant coaches go to a death trap that no one could turn around. Winning at Powell has not been that long ago to not be able to get turned back around but whoever or whatever caused the cancer there should be quickly identified and sent down the road packing or the problem will never get fixed.

So they have had the interviews & narrowed it down? So Slover isn't a finalist? I know he hasn't done a lot at Cocke Co., but with his name in the news sentinel I figured he was high on their list. How many finalist are there? & who are they?

There are 4, but I am not going to name them for the reasons I stated earlier in this thread.  Not going to put the three who don't get the job in a bad situation with their current positions.  Those guys are high school teachers first, and coaches second.  It's much different than college and pro sports when it comes to naming names.  

How are you sure of this? Do you have inside info on the situation?

Most likely he's speculating, considering that the second round of interviews don't begin until tomorrow.  

I don't believe that there is a "favorite" among the 4 at this point, or at least that is what I have been led to believe.  

Most likely he's speculating, considering that the second round of interviews don't begin until tomorrow.

I don't believe that there is a "favorite" among the 4 at this point, or at least that is what I have been led to believe.

You seem to be close to the situation, so I'll take your word over his. Haha. Powell really needs to get it right this time or else they may be in a situation like our vols have been in for awhile. However, if they do get it right and hire someone that brings excitement and is able to coach em up, they will be relevant again very soon. That's just my opinion from the outside lookin in.

Speculation? well the South Doyle DC was at the Halls Powell basket ball game Friday and a coach that coached with this guy told a coach at Halls that he is the guy, its his job to turn down, now HTV is the man so he may know but seems awful funny that a guy that is in the running would be at the schools BB game when he coaches some where else.

Speculation? well the South Doyle DC was at the Halls Powell basket ball game Friday and a coach that coached with this guy told a coach at Halls that he is the guy, its his job to turn down, now HTV is the man so he may know but seems awful funny that a guy that is in the running would be at the schools BB game when he coaches some where else.

Yes.  I am aware that he was at the Halls-Powell basketball game.  The South-Doyle DC is a good friend.  He kept me up to date on the score of that game via text.  

Are you aware that he lives just a couple of miles from Halls High School and that his two kids are sophomores at Halls?  It wasn't his first basketball game at Halls, probably won't be his last this year, either.  

Sometimes what people read in to things is pretty humorous.  

The final 4 interview tomorrow and Tuesday.  Jay may end up being named the coach  - his resume is very strong - but at this point  there is absolutely no indication that a decision has been made.  If in fact a coach has been chosen already it wouldn't be very professional to waste the time of the other 3 finalist by bringing them in for another interview.  

Edited by HTV

I have been to almost every Halls BB game for the past four years and I have never seen the man there and yes I knew his kids goes to Halls because his son was playing football this year but had to take some time from it, HTV you aren't the only guy that knows people, not saying that to be mean but when the talk is going around between coaches and the talk is pretty strong then you start reading a little more into it then just being at a game. DC to Powell OC from Farragutt to  SD to replace him OC stays at Clinton, I could be 1,000,000% wrong but that's the talk.

I have been to almost every Halls BB game for the past four years and I have never seen the man there and yes I knew his kids goes to Halls because his son was playing football this year but had to take some time from it, HTV you aren't the only guy that knows people, not saying that to be mean but when the talk is going around between coaches and the talk is pretty strong then you start reading a little more into it then just being at a game. DC to Powell OC from Farragutt to  SD to replace him OC stays at Clinton, I could be 1,000,000% wrong but that's the talk.

You can believe what you want, but if the job is his he doesn't know it.

And why would the administration continue the charade of interviewing the other 3 if the decision has been made?  Can you answer that using reason and logic?  

No, i'm not the only one who has contacts, but I've got some pretty solid contacts on this one.  

There are lots of rumors out there, even among coaches.  Very few "rumors" end up being more than just that.  

In any event, it's my belief that everybody will know by Friday.  

Edited by HTV