Who will Powell get for a coach now?

vol4life2

Slover isn't a candidate. The good people of Cocke County are keeping him stocked in White Lightning. He would be the best choice if he was though. Powell would out kick their coverage if they got him.

According to the KNS today, Slover is a candidate, along with 20 others who have applied. Edited by osunut2

Some of the candidates outed in a Knoxville News-Sentinel story:

http://www.knoxnews.com/sports/prepextra/suspended-powell-football-coach-john-allen-resigns_98119335

And for the record, each media outlet has to decide whether to release names or not.  I opt not to do that with high school coaches because they are teachers first and then coaches.  If things don't work out with positions they apply for I don't like to see them put in a bad position with current superiors.  

Just read an article in the Knox News Sentinel about head coaching candidates at Powell. I was very surprised that they released names of those being considered, you would have to think those are their top three candidates. I know that a few weeks ago someone on here said that the Farragut OC would not be applying and was happy at Farragut, then I see his name listed this morning as a "top" candidate. I wonder if he has a real chance at getting the job, maybe someone closer to the Powell community has an idea if there is a real chance that he might be offered the job???

I know he left Farragut for a few years to go to Cumberland Co., but came back to presumably coach his son at Farragut. Now that his son just completed his senior year, I wonder if he is wanting to leave. i know that Powell is his alma mater and that he coached there for a while before coming to Farragut the first time. You would have to think he would love to go back home to his alma mater and resurrect their program.

Some of the candidates outed in a Knoxville News-Sentinel story:

http://www.knoxnews.com/sports/prepextra/suspended-powell-football-coach-john-allen-resigns_98119335

And for the record, each media outlet has to decide whether to release names or not.  I opt not to do that with high school coaches because they are teachers first and then coaches.  If things don't work out with positions they apply for I don't like to see them put in a bad position with current superiors.  

That link is only good for subscribers, which I doubt most are who live outside that area.