Peabody Tide Surges Into Tornado Allley UC vs Trenton District Showdown

BigSwo

Uc schedule looked pretty weak .you can correct me if I'm wrong. Ncs schedule looked weak also. Looks like the roads for these two team will cross again. Ncs has scheduled several 3a teams

Well you might be able to say that. I won't argue with you. Sometimes a great team makes every team they play look weak. I am of the opinoin that UC is that kind of a team. I honestly could not care less what some guy with 8 posts on the T has to say about team schedules. Let's talk again after the Semis

• Upvote 1

Much respect for NCS my friend and respect for the posters and fans. But.... it's a little early to be beating your chest over a win with a team who lost their starting qb very early in the game. It was an impressive defensive game for NCS to say the least regardless of what happened to the other team. However many times a team will lose heart when thier star goes down and they have no one to replace him. I'm not trying to take away from what your team did in any way. I'm just trying to make a point. I also want to add that we didn't open the play book very much against you guys last year because our base offense got the job done. Trust me when I say there is loads more to wht we do offnesively than what you guys saw last year. If it happens that we lose a star player we still have a dominating offensive line and plenty of depth. But we will talk about that later in the year if we are fortunate enough to play you guys again in the Semis. Good Luck and enjoy this great win but there is still plenty of footbal left to be played.

Didn't mean to sound like I was chest beating. Way too early for that. I wouldn't do that even if we were to somehow upset you guys down the road. Too much respect for your program. I was just questioning the statement GCPioneer made that UC won't face anyone all year that is better than Peabody. Don't even know if we are better than Peabody, but some very knowledgable folks on here seem to think we're pretty good too.

Remember....we basically whipped you on your own turf last year and let you back in the game. Our kids will hit you like you have never been hit all season. The style of play we play verses what you play is totally different. We play good, old fashion smash mouth football. We know you have a outstanding team and "if" we end up playing each other....should be a good one and at our place. I've not seen Union City much due to being on the road but know everyone is back from last years team. We have star players but ours spells TEAM...not some few who may be going to the SEC or a Major D1 school. It is nice to line up against a private school and show them how it is done. Until then....hope to see your team down the road.....

Again, like I told Swo, my comment was not saying "now we're ready to whip up on UC." I just took a little offense to GCPioneer stating that you wouldn't face anyone the rest of the year as good as Peabody. Our coaches and boys had just come off the most dominating game I've seen in a long time. No disrespect toward UC at all.

Really no surprise in this game the challenge is over till the semi-finals. Which might as well be the state championship game. We have Halls next week to finish the regular season then a first round bye then round 2 and 3 will be against teams we blew away already.

You are correct. Week 9 was the closest anyone else comes to Union City until they play NCS. Every game except that one the rest of the season will result in........

M-E-R-C-Y

Again, like I told Swo, my comment was not saying "now we're ready to whip up on UC." I just took a little offense to GCPioneer stating that you wouldn't face anyone the rest of the year as good as Peabody. Our coaches and boys had just come off the most dominating game I've seen in a long time. No disrespect toward UC at all.

No problem friend. Honestly you guys are the scariest team that we might and I say might face. It is highly likely but nothing is for certain in high school football. Sorry if I insulted you. That was not my intention. I hope we can rumble one more time. Good luck to you and your team.

good game Friday night with great attendance.  Stands and fence row were packed both sides.  For a finesse type offense, Trenton was much more physical than I thought they would be.  Of course they had great speed.  Good win for UC and look forward to game this Thursday against Halls. 

No problem friend. Honestly you guys are the scariest team that we might and I say might face. It is highly likely but nothing is for certain in high school football. Sorry if I insulted you. That was not my intention. I hope we can rumble one more time. Good luck to you and your team.

Nah, I knew you weren't trying to insult me.  Like Ken said, your insults (light-hearted I know) are some of the funniest stuff on here.

Good luck to you guys too.  Hope to see you in about a month.

Understand.  "IF" this game comes about ( U C & NCS )...lots to happen for that game TO HAPPEN, should be a good one.  It would be played here in Union City I do believe.  We have a very, very well balanced team with a threat coming from all four corners.  Hope we see each other week #4 but to much to be talking right now.  We have Halls this coming week.  That is who we are preparing for.

Understand. "IF" this game comes about ( U C & NCS )...lots to happen for that game TO HAPPEN, should be a good one. It would be played here in Union City I do believe. We have a very, very well balanced team with a threat coming from all four corners. Hope we see each other week #4 but to much to be talking right now. We have Halls this coming week. That is who we are preparing for.

Just curious.... why a Thursday night game this week? Is that a tradition for this rivalry?

Just curious.... why a Thursday night game this week? Is that a tradition for this rivalry?

Halloween.  Halls ask U C if they would like to move and both agreed.  Some West Tennessee schools did so.  Keeps many folks off the road on Halloween and the little ones who are dragged to the games get to enjoy a little candy and treats.

Who is being looked at by which schools and who has been offered D1 Scholarships?   It was mentioned earlier.   I have asked a couple of UC Fans in the know a few weeks ago and still havent gotten an answer.  Yall definatley have some good athletes and at the end of the night team seems to be their main focus.  Going to be tough to uncrown them.