Peabody Tide Surges Into Tornado Allley UC vs Trenton District Showdown

BigSwo

Line of scrimmage usually determines the game when two great teams play. TP is a very fine football team and I really dread playing them BUT UC is on another planet with their horses on the ljne! The only hope that ANY team has to beat them is that their starters are out of shape from lack of playing time! Lol. I'm sure their coach is taking care of that in practice. UC by 28 if not more.

BigSwo i knew you was the smart one out of the bunch.  I have all the respect in the world for UC and think that will make it far but we all know what can happen on friday nights.  I did play for the Tide in High School back in the day and now have one playing at Dresden.  Wish yall a injury free game but still think it will be a good ole slobber knocker with the score gap less that 14.  Thats my story and i am sticking to it.  What year did you play for UC?

BigSwo i knew you was the smart one out of the bunch.  I have all the respect in the world for UC and think that will make it far but we all know what can happen on friday nights.  I did play for the Tide in High School back in the day and now have one playing at Dresden.  Wish yall a injury free game but still think it will be a good ole slobber knocker with the score gap less that 14.  Thats my story and i am sticking to it.  What year did you play for UC?

Thank for the compliment but I think all of us up in UC are pretty smart. I likewise have great respect for Peabody. I think this game will be close and will be decided in the 4th quarter. Very similar to last year. The Tornadoes will play ball control and make enough plays at the end of the game to win. In fact I am hoping for that. To answer your last question I didn't play for UC.

Thank for the compliment but I think all of us up in UC are pretty smart. I likewise have great respect for Peabody. I think this game will be close and will be decided in the 4th quarter. Very similar to last year. The Tornadoes will play ball control and make enough plays at the end of the game to win. In fact I am hoping for that. To answer your last question I didn't play for UC.

Got ya.  I played against UC in high school dont remember them beating us.  Lots of things have changed since then. We were all in district 13-AA back then.  Milan, Humbolt, Union city, Trenton, Martin i think.  13AA was very stout in the early 90's.

Edited by Pac13

Man oh man I'm ready for this game to get started. I believe there will be a huge crowd out to see this one. Why not? The two best teams in the district going at it for the district championship. Speedis the name of the game tthis week. The front 7 on both sides of the ball will have to get the job done. I agree with an earlier poster who said the game is won and lost in the trenches. This is where UC has the edge. I love the big boys. Athletically I think both teams are even. It's the grinding of the clock that plays to the Tornadoes favor. Go Tornadoes.

Union City owns a 42-32-6 series edge .... I was in on two of those wins...1983 at historic Freed Field in Trenton...We won 13-12....1982 in Union City we won 20-0....Pac13 you must have played in the mid-90s not to have lost to the Tornadoes...We did not play each other from 1991 to 1994 and when we started playing again Peabody won in 95 and 96...For the record, UC has won 18 of the last 24 meetings since 1982 while not playing each other 8 times during that span...Been a very tough, hard-nosed series between the two....