Wayne Co at Mount Pleasant

wildcat89

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MTP has a good football team and never got down, they fought to the very end. Their qb and rb was very quick and shifty, very hard to tackle. WC run game proved to be too much as the big backs seemed to wear MTP defense down. If MTP had any kind of a passing game they would be tough. This game was a slugfest from the get go, very physical! And these refs that keep getting sent to these 1a games are absolutely horrible, they called off setting holding penalties.

I am surprised Wayne County gave up 32 points in this one. Good win though.

The last two were against several subs, WC played a lot of young lineman tonight and lost a senior lineman to a knee injury early on. The same lineman tore something in his right knee two weeks ago and was playing with it braced up and tonight tore something in his other knee, this one looked to be more serious, probably done for the year now. MTP is just a few players away from being really good, their blocking was near perfect, especially down field. One of their scores was on a kickoff return, I think that was the first one WC had given up all year.

The last two were against several subs, WC played a lot of young lineman tonight and lost a senior lineman to a knee injury early on. The same lineman tore something in his right knee two weeks ago and was playing with it braced up and tonight tore something in his other knee, this one looked to be more serious, probably done for the year now. MTP is just a few players away from being really good, their blocking was near perfect, especially down field. One of their scores was on a kickoff return, I think that was the first one WC had given up all year.

They didnt sub but one or two; Rice said on the radio he was not comfortable with the lead until the last drive, which is why he faked a punt up 14 with only minutes to go. MTP players #20 and #21 are fun to watch, they are shifty and will break your ankles on one play and then flat out run you over on the next or even on the same play. #5 for WC probably played his best game to date. big hits all night. refs were horrible. MTP looked to being starting freshmen and sophmores on the line which can only help them in the coming years. WC was too much up front and controlled the LOS. Great game and i look for both to make playoff runs, if they can stay healthy.

They didnt sub but one or two; Rice said on the radio he was not comfortable with the lead until the last drive, which is why he faked a punt up 14 with only minutes to go. MTP players #20 and #21 are fun to watch, they are shifty and will break your ankles on one play and then flat out run you over on the next or even on the same play. #5 for WC probably played his best game to date. big hits all night. refs were horrible. MTP looked to being starting freshmen and sophmores on the line which can only help them in the coming years. WC was too much up front and controlled the LOS. Great game and i look for both to make playoff runs, if they can stay healthy.

I agree it was a very fun game to watch, especially if you like contact! As far as the starters on MTP last two drives, WC didn't have their starting lineman but for a couple if plays, not because of the lead but because of injury and rest. MTP has a bright future, good luck to y'all the rest of the way!

MTP has a good football team and never got down, they fought to the very end. Their qb and rb was very quick and shifty, very hard to tackle. WC run game proved to be too much as the big backs seemed to wear MTP defense down. If MTP had any kind of a passing game they would be tough. This game was a slugfest from the get go, very physical! And these refs that keep getting sent to these 1a games are absolutely horrible, they called off setting holding penalties.

I agree the Refs were terrible!  Any numbers on how many penalties WC had, too many to keep up with I know that!  Mtp had alot too!  Anyways congrats  WC on another Victory and lets keep these turnover free games going and you will go far in the playoffs!  "GO CATS"