Forrest vs. Private School

thetruth2008

I respect what MTCS has done. They can only play who they are given- re the undefeated season so far. 

Having said that, Forrest has played a much tougher schedule. They are by far the most physical team MTCS has seen so far. Huntland benefited from 10+ players out on Forrest's side. 

Now after the bye, almost every one of those kids will be back. And they are sick of hearing about Justin Winn.  Forrest beat MTCS on their home field last year, and Winn threw two picks in the 4th, one of them a pick 6. The pressure did pay off.

Forrest needs to come out on fire. After a buy week that is a tall order. If Forrest wins the toss, DON'T DEFER. That plays right into this offense juggernaut's hands.   Take the ball and score on a 7 minute drive. And score touchdowns.

This one really is a pick em. Obvious cliches regarding turnovers, those 4-5 plays that can decide a close game, missed interceptions, a couple bad ref calls here and there. It's anybody's game and literally no result will shock me.    

Again, much kudos to MTCS. Their fans have every right to be proud and confident. 

However, it ends tonight. 

Rockets- 27

Cougars- 24

Here is an MTC grad also an MTSU grad, he's really got a broad experience in life eh? Anyway, he proceeds to compare Forrest and Eagleville, then picks MTCS in a shootout. 

I can tell you this, Forrest and Eagleville offensively are night and freekin day. 

Edited by Buddha14

Here is an MTC grad also an MTSU grad, he's really got a broad experience in life eh? Anyway, he proceeds to compare Forrest and Eagleville, then picks MTCS in a shootout. 

I can tell you this, Forrest and Eagleville offensively are night and freekin day. 

Read the article again.  He says Forrest and Eagleville are similar defensively.  He gives Forrest's run game a lot of credit and says it will take a "Herculean effort" by the Cougars on defense to be successful.

Not sure why you would criticize the article or the author.  You predict a 3 pt Forrest win and he predicts a 2 pt. Cougar win.  Sounds like you both think 2-3 plays will determine the outcome.

Hope both teams play to their potential and no one gets hurt.

Read the article again. He compare the Forrest DEFENSE to Eagleville's, not the offense as you mention in your post.

People are fans of their team. They will pull for their team and give all kinds of reasons WHY their team will win with 99% have never seeing the other play this season. We are nothing more than fans with orange or blue colored glasses. It will be a fun game to watch.

Oh, & Buddha, I did laugh at a Chapel Hill guy saying a kid that didn't leave Mboro for his education doesn't have many life experiences. I'm sure there are a few who haven't left Marshall Co either. Good grief!!

I'll say this (and I believe many of the Cougar faithful will agree) I am a bit surprised about our record at this point.  Yes, our non-district games were soft (cupcakes some will say).  Whitwell was a pretty good team and the game turned on a few key plays and turnovers.

Our district schedule started with what turned out to be the bottom half of the district (expected Fayetteville to do a bit better this year) and we have the two best teams remaining.  I don't know of anyone who really thought we would be 8-0 at this point in the season.  I expected a 7 win season with an outside chance at an 8 win season.

We knew the boys and their abilities as they have been playing since they were freshies.  What we didn't know was the coaching staff.  We've had great coaches in the past and I appreciate them greatly.  This staff is either lucky, good or both.  They make great preparation and timely adjustments.  We've seen a twist or two every week.  They have also done a pretty good job of keeping the players balanced between being confident and staying humble.

Will the Cougars win tonight? Don't know -- I haven't even seen Forrest play this year. Everything in the first 8 or 9 weeks points to a pretty good match up.  Forrest always "brings it" when it comes to MTCS.

Can't wait...

This is the most efficient offense MTCS' D will have faced all year. You know what's coming and you still cant stop it. Esp in the 4th. 

MTCS- very impressive what you guys have done. If y'all jump out 7-0 or 10-0 or 14-0, it's gonna be a long night for the Rockets. 

Good posts Harry and Coffee.