16 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Clay
    • Macon

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget their CC game, same thing. The Clay Co. game was scheduled when our district was changed. Our athletic director is from Clay Co. and Clay Co. needed to pick up a game too. It is close to home and definitely has a big gate. We play them in basketball to so why not? If it was up to most people MC would play RBS.

Football and basketball is 2 different situations. It's a lot easier to compete in basketball than football and traditionally Clay County is a pretty good team. I just have enough respect for the program that they could play up and still pick up a win. Edited by swanson71

swanson71 I agree the night we played RBS we played terrible. 4 interceptions 2 of which bounced off of the receivers pads and the other 2 the receivers didn't finish their route ball goes over their head int. Second game with new QB 2nd game with #1 receiver back from knee injury and 2  RB/LB still out. Defense didn't play well at all and we still only lost by 8. I will start out by saying congrats on the season RBS is having but allowing a terrible team to run back 2 kick off's and hang 24 points on you not a bright spot. Allowing Pickett county to hang 21 on you not a bright spot. You did beat Goodpasture who is win less at 0-9. With the playoff's just around the corner it will tell you real quick if you have a real improved football team or if you have just been fortunate in a few games. Either way 6-4 will be a solid season for RBS and good luck in the playoff's.

Clay scored only one time on offense, 2 touchdowns came off kick off returns, and of those 6 turnovers 4 was forced that I can remember. The game was nowhere near as close as the score indicated. RBS is an A school who put another A team on their schedule. Macon is a 4A school scheduling an A school. I may have been a little harsh before, I apologize, but I was saying the same thing last year and when they were playing Jo Byrns as well.

MC didn't play Jo Burns last year, and take a closer look and compare MC schedule with RBS's schedule. You really want to talk about which is the cushy one? Really looking forward to the outcome of both these teams Thursday night.

swanson71 I agree the night we played RBS we played terrible. 4 interceptions 2 of which bounced off of the receivers pads and the other 2 the receivers didn't finish their route ball goes over their head int. Second game with new QB 2nd game with #1 receiver back from knee injury and 2 RB/LB still out. Defense didn't play well at all and we still only lost by 8. I will start out by saying congrats on the season RBS is having but allowing a terrible team to run back 2 kick off's and hang 24 points on you not a bright spot. Allowing Pickett county to hang 21 on you not a bright spot. You did beat Goodpasture who is win less at 0-9. With the playoff's just around the corner it will tell you real quick if you have a real improved football team or if you have just been fortunate in a few games. Either way 6-4 will be a solid season for RBS and good luck in the playoff's.

I think being fortunate along with improving is part of it. Someone said in another thread that RBS is 9 points from being 8-1. That is true but they're also 10 points from being 3-6 so we've been fortunate as well as unfortunate at times. As I said I was a bit harsh and out of line when I said Clay Co was terrible, I apologize. The qb for Clay and #84 (I believe that was his number) are good very good players, the qb has a very strong arm. It was just suppose to be a critique of Macon putting Clay on the schedule and wondering why. Good luck to both teams and hope both play again after this week. Edited by swanson71

MC didn't play Jo Burns last year, and take a closer look and compare MC schedule with RBS's schedule. You really want to talk about which is the cushy one? Really looking forward to the outcome of both these teams Thursday night.

No they played Clay last year and Jo Byrns the 2 years before that. As I said Macon was not the mess RBS was and didn't understand why they needed to drop 3 classifications to play Clay. I could careless about comparisons... Do you want me to say RBS plays a soft schedule? Fine, we do but being a program that's had no more than 3 wins in a season in the last 25+ years I think it's good for the program to build around a few wins and eventually have a winning season but like I said I hope in the next couple of years the schedule stiffens up because I think RBS has the talent to be able to handle it. Like I told someone in a previous post, read some of my old post in the basketball forum and you'll see the criticism I had of RBS's girls schedule, especially the first 2 years we were in 8a. I enjoy watching RBS success but I also enjoy watching a good game. Good luck I hope Macon has some success in the playoffs...

Edited by swanson71

No they played Clay last year and Jo Byrns the 2 years before that. As I said Macon was not the mess RBS was and didn't understand why they needed to drop 3 classifications to play Clay. I could careless about comparisons... Do you want me to say RBS plays a soft schedule? Fine, we do but being a program that's had no more than 3 wins in a season in the last 25+ years I think it's good for the program to build around a few wins and eventually have a winning season but like I said I hope in the next couple of years the schedule stiffens up because I think RBS has the talent to be able to handle it. Like I told someone in a previous post, read some of my old post in the basketball forum and you'll see the criticism I had of RBS's girls schedule, especially the first 2 years we were in 8a. I enjoy watching RBS success but I also enjoy watching a good game. Good luck I hope Macon has some success in the playoffs...

why don't RBS and Macon combine football and just play 5a. Problem solved.