Beech @ Lebanon

werazzlin

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we are all dumbfounded, there is really no clear cut explanation as to how this happened. I think it's more of a psychological deal rather than the actual lack of skill set. They have to snap that losing mentality.... One way or another it will eventually happen.

Harp is not the answer. They better get somebody that can relate to those kids. I'm not bashing but it is what it is. They are not worked in the weight room and its no pride right now in that program.

Harp is not the answer. They better get somebody that can relate to those kids. I'm not bashing but it is what it is. They are not worked in the weight room and its no pride right now in that program.

Wow no workout program? That's one of the most key roles in setting the foundation of a football program. Strength is a necessity for players.

Lebanon's coach Harp won 7 state championships in Kentucky and is now going to be 2-18 including 0-10 this year. I'm not sure what's going on?? Last year most of their games were really close but this year they are just getting killed.

I know several kids that graduated from last year's team and they told me at the end of last year that they would be lucky to win a game this year. They said that they just didn't have kids with talent that cared in the right positions. 

Harp won 7 championships at a smaller school where he got to work with the coaches and players Jr. High all the way through High School. That isn't the case in Lebanon. You got what 3 different middle school teams running completely different systems feeding into Lebanon. 

I think we are all dumbfounded, there is really no clear cut explanation as to how this happened. I think it's more of a psychological deal rather than the actual lack of skill set. They have to snap that losing mentality.... One way or another it will eventually happen.

I wouldn't count on it anytime soon the kids in middle school right now have that same mindset. The first time somebody scores a touchdown they lay down and quit. Not so much Walter J. Baird but for sure the other schools. 

Wow no workout program? That's one of the most key roles in setting the foundation of a football program. Strength is a necessity for players.

Didn't they get a brand new weight room last summer? I know the middle schools got weight rooms that at least I was told were part of a partnership with the football program at Lebanon High School.